SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marks, Credits and Grades in Appraisal

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SLcM Gurus,

I have a unique requirement this time.

My client is feeding the marks from external system to PIQSMFU using suitable FM.

We need to record Marks and credits and corresponding Grades altogether in PIQSMFU. I am confused and dont know how to do it? Do we have to insert extra coloumn in same screen for marks. For example if a student has score 78 Marks out of 100. Then It shall have 78 Marks, 4.5 Credits and B+ Grade. How to display all 3 parameters in PIQSMFU screen.

I have created a Quality scale with values given below. Do i have to change it to quantity or some other scale or this is OK.

Value // Scale Value // Std Value// Lower limit // Upper Limit //

A// 5// 100,000.00 // 80,000.00// 100000.00//

B+// 4.5// 79,999.00 // 73,000.00// 79999.99//

B// 4// 72,999.00 // 65,000.00// 72999.99//

C// 3// 64,999.00 // 55,000.00// 64999.99//

D// 2// 54,999.00 // 54999.99//

Regards

Vinod Kumar

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod,

Do you know why they want to keep Marks? Seems to me Customer wants to keeping two grading systems percentage(quantity) and GPA(quality) ). I don't think SAP supports two grading system for one scale. I do have an idea to resolve this. But It depends upon answer to my why.

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Thanks for replying. Client is feeding marks for students from Excel sheet to PIQSMFU. In scale anything above 80 marks is A. Now i have two doubts here:

1. How system will identify what is the equivalence of marks and credits. Some body has to convert these marks into equivalent credit points and then feed in to the system. Client wants to erase this step.

2. In case students wants to see what is his marks, system should allow his to do so.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

In the program interface program you have to convert it to grade. Program can use same config table you mention in original message to derive grade. You can use description field to save marks.

Prabhat Singh

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Prabhat