How to create the Queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find the below scenarios

1) R/3(A system ) -

>Client PI--->Server PI---->File1

2) R/3(B system) -

>Client PI--->Server PI---->File2

In the above scenario the data transfer between through HTTS soap communications. While receiving the data at Server PI end, we have used the QOS=EOIO and we have used the Queue XBQI_22. This Queue has been used for the First scenario.

Here my doubt is, shall i use the same Queue for the 2nd scenario also? If I can, who will create the Queues( means Queues will be created by PI Developer or Basis Person).

If possible plz provide me the steps, how to create the Queues.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

AVR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

solved my problem.

thanks,

AVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AV,

Go thru following blogs....it will help you to play around with queues...

XI Asynchronous Message Processing: Understanding XI Queues -Part I

/people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

How To Prioritize XI Messages on the Integration server

IN this u will come to know how to priortize message using the Queus.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/59e837d3-0201-0010-c096-dc186973...

Also have a look on the following link...

With Regards,

Pinangshuk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AVReddi,

Queues can be created by PI developer. If you would like to use same Queue XBQI* you can use it. You need to directly define the quality of service as for e.g.XBQI001.

If you would like to create a new queue with a new queue name then you need to define in the queue name and need to register the queue using the transaction SMQR.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HareenKumar,

Could you plz provide me the steps, it would be great help.

Thanks,

AVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AVR,

Follow the below steps:

1. While creating the communication channel, in the Quality of service select " Exactly Once in Order".

2. Now, it will ask for the Queue name, give as for e.g. XBQI00,check if it is already registered queue.

If not you need to register the queue using the transaction SMQR. Provide the queue name and click on Register.

Thats it. Queue will be registered and can be used.

Thanks,