cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create key mapping using import manager for lookup table FROM EXCEL file

0 Kudos

hello,

i would like create key mapping while importing the values via excel file.

the source file containing the key, but how do i map it to the lookup table?

the properties of the table has enable the creation of mapping key. but during the mapping in import manager, i cant find any way to map the key mapping..

eg

lookup table contains:

Material Group

Code

excel file contain

MatGroup1 Code System

Thanks!

Shanti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shanti

If you want to use keys from external systems

you should

1) set "key mapping" your table(LUT) property to "Yes"

2) create inbound ports for your external systems- one port for one external system for one LUT

3) in your LUT key field shoud be present

4) configure import map for LUT by one map for each external system

5) importing data through import server - you cant use for that import manager

6) when you did import one LUT from different external systems ( different inbound ports) in your repository i will see many similar records with different keys and external systems

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shanti,

Assuming you have already defined below listed points

1) Key Mapping "Yes" to your lookup table in MDM Console

2) Created a New Remote System in MDM console

3) proper rights for your account for updating the remote key values in to data manager through import manager.

Your sample file can have Material Group and Code alone which can be exported from Data Manager by File-> Export To -> Excel, if you have data already in Data Manager.

Open your sample file through Import Manager by selecting the remote system for which you want to import the Key mapping.

(Do Not select MDM as Remote System, which do not allows you to maintain key mapping values) and also the file type as Excel

Now select your Soruce and Destination tables, under the destination fields you will be seeing a new field called [Remote Key]

Map you source and destination fields correspondingly and Clone your source field code by right clicking on code in the source hierarchy and map it to Remote Key if you want the code to be in the remote key values.

And in the matching criteria select destination field code as a Matching field and change the default import action to Update NULL fields or UPDATED MAPPED FIELDS as required,

After sucessfull import you can check the Remote Key values in Data Manager.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sowseel