SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Desk Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

While performing Post Deposit Operation in Cash Desk, Payment Category shows on only Cash Payment and it is disable so I can not select other payment categories like Outgoing Check Payment (though it is there in the dropdown list).

Purpose : Before making any outgoing check payment, I need to transfer fund from Bank GL to Cash Clearing Account for outgoing payment. For this operation I need to peform Post Deposit Operation with Payment Category as Outgoing Check Payment to deposit fund from Bank GL to Cash Clearing Account for outgoing payment.

Could you please advise on this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Rupam

3 REPLIES 3

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In T code FQH1 you can define the deposit account .

Secondly deposits are in cash as per the functionality provided in FICA so you will find the grey out option , so the thing is in FQH1 define the account that you want the posting to happen .

Test the scenario in test environment and check the accounting entries once .

Regards ,

Dewang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dewang,

I have a requirement of peforming outgoing payment through check in Cash Desk. Before performing outgoing payment through check, I need fund to be transefered from Bank GL to Cash Desk Clearing GL for outgoing check payment.

If there is any shortfall of fund in the Cash Desk Clearing GL for outgoing check payment, outgoing payment through check should not happen.

In FQH1, I have mapped the Bank GL as Deposit account for the Cash Desk Clearing GL for outgoing check payment.

In Post Deposit function of Cash Desk, I need fund to be deposited to the Cash Desk Clearing GL for outgoing check payment from the Bank GL for performing outgoing payment through check.

But as I can not select Payment Category as 'Outgoing Check Payment' in Post Deposit function, I am not able to deposit fund to the Cash Desk Clearing GL for outgoing check payment from the Bank GL.

Could you please suggest me on this, whether my approach is correct?

Thanks & Regards,

Rupam

0 Kudos

Hi ,

As i mentioned earlier also that it is a part of cash payment only and you can maintain the respective GL account where in you want to deposit the amount , it will go to that particular GL .

As it is standard behaviour of the system , you may raise an OSS or development request in case if your requirement is too genuine .

Regards ,

Dewang.