Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex BPM help needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have a requirement where:

JDBC Send returns ID and date -> JDBC stored procedure input is ID and date, stored procedure creates table with data for the ID and date -> JDBC send with the store ID and date to the table created by stored procudere write to file -> JDBC send to get barcode input is ID and date -> JDBC send clear jdbc table -> RFC call with barcodes and returns material number -> JDBC send to input material numbers into table -> JDBC send to select 1000 records and loop until all records have been selected.

This is quite a complex scenario and any help will be appreciated on how to go forward with this.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have the impression that you want to use BPM like a programming language. BPM is not made for such scenario and even when you get this stuff to run, you will have many issues in monitoring and erro handling.

You could write a Java program as Java proxy or web service, talking directly to database and doing all the steps.

You can do error handling, validation and so on in that Java program.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

>

> Hi All

> We have a requirement where:

> JDBC Send returns ID and date -> JDBC stored procedure input is ID and date, stored procedure creates table with data for the ID and date -> JDBC send with the store ID and date to the table created by stored procudere write to file -> JDBC send to get barcode input is ID and date -> JDBC send clear jdbc table -> RFC call with barcodes and returns material number -> JDBC send to input material numbers into table -> JDBC send to select 1000 records and loop until all records have been selected.

> This is quite a complex scenario and any help will be appreciated on how to go forward with this.

> Regards

As per my understanding of your scenario is :

I splitted your requirement in 2 parts below.

You have 2 scenario

1. JDBC Send returns ID and Date and at the same time Stored procedure is getting called with ID and date as input. The stored procedure has a logic in which it creates a table with and Entry of ID & Date and as response of data stored in created Table, it returns the ID and Date which should be written to a file.

2. Now in second scenario,Based on the save ID and Date, and it is an input to your RFC which will return material Number as response and based on that material number you need to query database for records, which can be thousands.

Please approach as these 2 scenario.

Thanks Sinha

Aashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How will I loop through the records? What needs to happen is, In the jdbc table there is going to be a row id so I need to select the first row id 1-1000 then after that is processed I need to select 2000-3000 until I processed all the records?

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe this blog will help:

/people/dheeraj.kumar5/blog/2010/04/12/pixi-sender-jdbc-select-query-and-update-query-to-limit-our-records-to-be-picked-up-by-xi-from-database-to-avoid-huge-message-processing-failed

But it is stated that it is only valid for SQL Server. For Oracle, there is a blog comment(scroll down on page)on how to handle the number of record polling.

Regards,

Mark