cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validating fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to validate whether the value is populating from source or not in my message mapping for all the fields which are having cardinality 1..1.

Can someone suggest me the approach

Regards,

Moorthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

As suggested by Deepak & Rahul are good approaches. But, I choose to go with Exists function to validate whether field exists or not.

Thanks,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

siddhesh_pathak4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are using PI 7.1 and you want to validate input XML you can use Schema validation options present in Sender Agreement.

Thanks,

Siddhesh Pathak

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Deepak and Rahul has already suggested methods to check whether value is received by mapping or not.

We implement validations using java mapping in PI 7.0. In this kind of validation we check whether the mandatory values are comming into the mapping or not. If the values are OK then we proceed with the mappings else error message is forwarded to the send step. Then generally emails are being triggered to the a set of users. All incoming fields including those with cardinality 1..1 is read by java validation code. Incase the field is missing we create required XML messages.

regards

Anupam

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Additing to what Deepak suggested you can make use of mapwithDefault node function to check whether source field is present in your payload or not.

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

To view the values you can check in SXMB_MONI - under the drill down - Incoming message payload.

Additionally to check if the source occurs and has values you can use the standard node function called exists and compare the source value will an empty constant in your message mapping.

Regards,

Deepak.

Edited by: Deepak Shah on Feb 18, 2011 10:11 AM