Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Org levels for Common master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I wish to get your confirmation on this logic:

1. Common master data - Division is defined at Sorg + Div level and Not at Sorg + DC + Div level.

2. Common master data - Division is defined at Sorg + DC level and Not at Sorg + DC + Div level.

Have a wonderful day.

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In situations where your sales organization contains more than one distribution channel and more than one division, this

customization setting is really helpful in reducing the master data maintenance eforts and avoiding master data duplication within a sales organization.

You can use transaction code VOR1 or follow menu path IMG ➢ Sales And Distribution ➢ Master Data ➢ Defne Common Distribution Channel to defne a common distribution channel, and you can use transaction code VOR2 or menu path IMG ➢ Sales And Distribution ➢ Master Data ➢ Defne Common Division to defne a common division setup.

Always remember to defne this setting irrespective of whether your business requirement setup needs a common distribution channel and common division. You wonu2019t be able to create master data using the sales area you just defned if this ustomization setting is missing. If you donu2019t have a business requirement demanding a common distribution channel and common division setup, maintain the entry in VOR1 and VOR2 by keeping the source and target the same.

Hope this helps..............

Thanks/Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Please try to understand the logic behind Common Distribution Channels and Common Divisions:

Consider that you have a material M1 which you have created for Sales Org 1000 + DC 10 + Division 10.Consider that In your Enterprise Structure you have one more DC - 20 and M1 is also sold through this DC. Now all you have to do is to maintain DC 10 as a reference DC for DC 20. After maintaining this setting when you try to create a Sales Order for material M1 using Sales Org 1000 + DC 20 + Division 10 the system will automatically take the master data that has been maintained for Sales Org 1000 + DC 10 + Division 10. Hence DC 10 will become the reference for DC 20.

This helps in reducing the creation of repeated Master Data ( in this case Material Master data) by using one DC as reference for all other DC's

The same logic will work during the creation of Customer Masters where you have to maintain one Division as the reference for all other divisions.

Hope you are clear,

J Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sirs,

common dc:

yes, i have defined the representative DC for the other DCs. But no where is it stated for this assignment, what are the divisions involved. Does it imply all divisions that belong to the representative DC are also assigned to the other DCs ?

likewise

Common Div :

does it imply all DC's that the representative Div is assigned to are also assigned to the other Divs?

So, I hope my doubt is explained. I know what common DC and Div are but not sure how the corresponding Div or DC are affected when the common master is configured.

regards

M Russo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Please refer tcodes vor1 and vor2

Thanks

Moiht Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohit,

As I do not have system access , could you help me by giving me the answer.

Thanks.

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not understand the logic you have written. But for common master data -

1. You need to create an extra Division and Dist. Ch. (just like other divisions and dist. channels - and similar assignments to sales. org., etc.)

2. Then assign the other Divisions and Dist. Channels (or the ones you want to act as common) to the Common Division or Dist. Ch. created.

Let me know if your question was different.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump