cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM and Inventory with a Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using ECC 6, SRM 7(Extended Classic)

Contracts maintained in backend and replicated into SRM.

Inventory Contract created in a 'bulk' fashion - e.g. - without a specific Material.

Contract is setup in ECC with an Item Category of 'M' (Material Unknown) and an Account Assignment Category of blank.

If using ECC we then raise a Purchase Order - this works fine.

When replicating the Contract into SRM it fails error is 'BL001' - Item type error.

General Scenario - We have a contract for numerous goods (Clothing) , so we enter one (1) line in the Contract. We can't define a specific material on the Contract as the goods required vary ecah Shoppnig Cart - e.g. - Shirt Blue Size 10 on 1 SC, then next day may be Trousers Grey Long - whatever. All of the various types of clothing are covered under one (1) Contract.

We can;t specify a particular Material on the Contract because the SC (and subsequent PO) will validate against the Contract Material. This all works fine in SRM and it seems that our problem is the inability to replicate teh contract into SRM since it does not recognise the 'M' Item Type category.

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks.

Gerry Steer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be getting this contract by default. We are getting this contract by default

Pre-requisite is that your material unit of measure and product category (a.k.a material group) should match the unit of measure and material group in contract line item

Regards

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ranjan. The solution is workable but won't fir out business requirements. We will have to see what else we can do. Seems very odd that SAP won't handle thsi as it woks finr in ECC/MM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerry,

We are facing the same problem right now. Were you able to sort this issue at your end ? If so please do let me know how you got this issue sorted out.

Best Regards,

Mahesh. J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerry,

I have thought of an idea. If you adopt classic scenario in your SRM system for those materials which you want to cover under a bulk contract, you can continue to use the bulk contract without any need of replicating it to SRM system.

It goes like below:

You create a shopping cart for material A,B and C so on (which are covered under contract for item category M (Unknown item category)) without assigning a source of supply in SRM system. Now, bypassing the sourcing in SRM system (through configuration 'Sourcing never used'), you can create Purchase request in backend ECC system.

Once you get the purchase request in the backend system, you can continue to use your existing bulk contract in ECC system to create purchase order and release it to vendor.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gerry

I dont know the answer but i am telling the fact of SRM

SRM has three Item types

Material

Product category

Services

but i understand you use this report BBP_CONTRACT_INITIAL_UPLOAD program to transfer all ECC contract to SRM as a repository upon your business rule,

SAP SRM dont have idea how material unknown M item category mapped in SRM

as of i know there is no option in SRM for this MATERIAL UNKNOWN item type .

---

SERVICE - AVAILABLE IN SRM

MATERIAL - KNOWN MATERIAL AVAILABLE IN SRM

MATERIAL GROUP - Available in SRM

-

Please kindly report to SAP via OSS message , i think this unknown material mapping must be done as equivalent to ECC or some alternative like product category contract.

Muthuraman