Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Area of all SD docs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends ,

I need your clarification on the following please :

1. All SD documents are assigned to a Sales Area. This is a must.

But lets say a Sales order is created with assigned Sales Area info.

Having a specified Distribution channel and Division can i confirm that this does not mean the sames doc can only accept that specified Distribution channel or Division only. Since these 2 org units are m:m relation with all Sales orgs.

Also, is there such a thing as Distribution-specific sales document? I know that division can be set as specific for a sales document where only 1 division is allowed in the entire sales doc.

Have a nice day.

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. yes you are right. there is no any such sales document which is specific to DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL.

all sales documents are dependent on its assignment to particular SALES AREA.

HOPE THIS CLEARS your issue

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balajia,

So, can i confirm that

Items in a Delivery document need not belong to the same distribution channel, can be different and

All the items in a billing document need not belong to the same distribution channel.

Dear Lakshmi,

Thanks for the link. So, its wrong to say that Sales documents are Always assigned to a specific Sales Area?

regards

Tom

Edited by: fourminutes tom on Feb 18, 2011 4:32 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes but it should be applicable to all sales areas. Either you maintain for all sales areas or dont maintain for anything. If you maintain for some sales area and ignore for other sales area, then system will not allow you to create sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
This is a must

Not necessary. Check this thread

[Re: Sales Area and Sales document type|]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi