Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Inspection points...

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two operations in routing and inspection will be done at each operation hourly. When the first operation is rejected material will be scrapped / re-worked. I attached in-process inspection (03 inspection type) to material master.

Attached inspection points 150 at routing header and at the operation details I checked the u201CTime-Relatedu201D radio button. I assigned TFac = 1 Hour.

When I create a production order system generates in-process inspection lot. However, I am unable to generate hourly inspection points for both operations. Please advice how to carryout hourly inspection at both the operations? Does these inspection points get generate automatically ? If so how to set up for automatic inspection points generations ?

Am I following the right steps to perform hourly inspection? Is there any other way to handle this process ?

Please advice

Many thanks

Regards

S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The time functionality of inspection points is set up in config when you define the inspection point identifier. For 150 the function module QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE is a copy model. That is, SAP provides it as a starting point, they expect you to copy it and customize it for your needs. As delivered I do not believe it will work out of the box. You need to have a developer look at. Ypu can read the help on the FM and it explains this.

FF

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

The characteristics tested at operation 10 and operations 20 are different. For example, if diameter is measured at operation 10 then if diameter is not ok the manufacturing stops at operation 10.

If diameter measurement at operation 10 is OK then operation 20 will be performed. The characteristic viscosity is measured at operation 20. If viscosity is OK at operation 20 then further operations in the routings are executed else manufacturing stops at operation 20.

If any issue identified at operation 10 or 20 further execution of operations will be stopped and some actions are taken to improve the process.

When I assigned inspection point 150 to routing header an inspection lot ( 03 type) is getting created. When I click on u201CResultsu201D in QA32 system is asking me to enter the u201CPartial quantity no.u201D.

In QE71 I see an two inspection lot created for each operation (same inspection lot number for both the operations). When I save QE71 after entering Partial quantity, Validate Inspection point and Result system is creating another inspection point.

However, the new inspection point is getting created only when I save the first inspection point. This process is not happening automatically. I would expect system to create inspection points automatically for every hour.

I may need to work with technical guys to enhance the functional module QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE for automatic creation of inspection points.

Please advice if there is any other way to map this scenario.

Many thanks

Regards

S

Regards

S

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. Standard SAP does not have a way of creating points every so many minutes. Even the FM when edited, is designed to create all the inspection points up front. That is, if you have a ten hour process and wanted one IP an hour the system would create all ten inspections right away when the inspection lot is created. There is no built in "timer" in the system checking every minute to see if more inspection points need to be created somewhere.

If you wanted to have something like that, you would need to develop a batch job that runs every 5 minutes or so and that would look at open inspection lots and then go in and create new inspection points as required.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting to see this thread, as we're right now facing a very similar requirement.

Here we want to have the inspection frequency changed based on a particular event.

But this frequency is not readily available in the inspection lot...we would store this in an extra inspection characteristics, so I guess we would also need a batch job adding a new inspection point in the background. At the same time an autorefresh on the result recording screen would then also be needed to see the newly created inspection point appearing

Rgds

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the response,

I will work with tech guys to design batch job for automatic creation of inspection points.

Thanks for the solutions. Closing the thread.

S

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the first operation is rejected material will be scrapped / re-worked.

I do not understand what actually you mean by this

But the settings fro creation of Inspection points seems to be very correct.

Now in addition to this you may use "Partial lot for each inspection points" .Also check t code QE71 whether any data of inspection points is available there.

Can you tell me are you not getting a single Inspection point also? If not then check the customization of inspection points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with QE11, CHECK Tab assigned inspection point. you will find automatically assigned inspection points. Double click on inspection point u will able to record results.