cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearning current MDO cached dataset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At times I get an error - "Could not create a cached MDO dataset" when I run the object or MDO Query template. However, when I delete the object and recreate it as it is, it works fine.

I am sure there should be a way to clear the current MDO cached dataset which I am unable to find it.

Kindly let me know if you are aware of it.

Thanks in advance.

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

I assume you have a Persistent MDO with a few lifecycle tasks configured. How often is your MDO refreshed with new data?

Also, when testing an MDO object you can specify if you want to test from the data provider or from the cached dataset. You may want to try to run from the data provider just to see if you get the error again. Either way I would recommend you log a support ticket for this issue and include the exact steps.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your response. The scenario explained by you holds good to clear the data within the object once the object has been created.

I am referring to the object itself being cached. Lets say for instance, I create an object with custom attributes A, B and C, then save it and run it. Later if I want to add another custom attribute say D. it throws a pop-up stating current MDO cache should be deleted (which I want to know on how to do it?). If I go ahead and save it as it is, when I test the MDO I would get an error stating Cannot create cached MDO dataset. however, if I delete this object, recreate with all the custom attributes then run it, it runs fine.

Let me know if you want me to share the screen shots with you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

To my knowledge there is no URL that you can use to clear the cache for an MDO object (especially if you are encountering this at design time). If you get the pop-up dialog for clearing the dataset cache and hit yes, it should clear it. If it doesn't then its a bug and it should be logged as a support ticket for 12.2 ramp-up. Recreating an entire MDO attribute list just because of a few added attributes is no way to move forward with this feature.

Regards,

Kevin

Answers (0)