cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming payment interface to FI-CA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We need to accept incoming checking account and credit card payments from an IVR system into FI-CA. Currently, we accept payments through UCES Biller Direct and Cash Desk.

The biller direct payments come in through SAP function modules, but they seem to be specific to biller direct. The payment information is updated on the documents in DFKKOP and DFKKOPC, and the payments are posted to the customer accounts during a nightly FPY1 payment run. For the checking payments, an ACH file is created at this point.

We would like to have our IVR process work similarly to this, but it appears that there is no standard interface or set of BAPIs that can be used - the function modules seem to be for biller direct only.

An alternative is to use the payment lot process, which does have a standard set of BAPIs. This would appear to work great for credit card payments, but for the check payments how can I create an ACH file? The payment medium is normally created by FPY1 but no payment run has to be run for payment lots.

Can anyone suggest either:

1) A standard set of function modules for saving incoming payment information to be used in a payment run.

or

2) How to create a payment medium for check payments which are in payment lots.

Thanks!

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

What I could gather from your post is that you are concerned only about the creation of a file in ACH format for check payments which are being posted in to SAP as payment lots.

So, the ACH file that gets created during the FPY1 run is actually done by a standard program SAPFKPY3 with the help of preconfigured FM's linked to the ACH payment medium format.

You can view these FMs by going to Transaction Code-FQP3. Select in the ACH format and clicking on "Event Module for Payment medium formats".

Now coming to your requirement, all the payment information related to the payment lots are stored in DFKKZP table at the item level and at DFKKZK at header level.

So you can develop a program which retrieves the information from these tables as per the business requirements in a structure accepted by the std program SAPFKPY3.

You need to develop new FM's which will retrieve the information and would create the a flat file in ACH format.

You need to take care of the scenario where the check payment in the payment lot is not actually hitting the account, but is getting routed to the payment clarification worklist. It will depend on the business requirement whether these scenarios are to be included in the ACH file or not.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amlan,

Thanks for your response. I think you have answered my second question, which was how to create the payment media if I have to use payment lots.

Do you know if there is any way I can do the payments with a payment run instead of lots? I was hoping SAP would have kind of a standard interface for incoming payments to be put into a payment run, but so far I have not found anything like that.

Thanks,

James

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

James:

You can investigate repurposing the biller direct events for your needs. As i hear your requirements, customer has open items and wants to pay them using direct debit on an adhoc basis via IVR. You would need to apply the payment method to each line item to be paid (or to each account) depending on the situation. This would enable them to be picked up by FPY1 - in same manner as biller direct, or even manual change by users.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I was hoping there was a standard interface or set of function modules or BAPIs for incoming payment run payments so I could just write a program to listen for the incoming payments (from IVR via XI) and then just call the existing interface to update the tables.

Since there doesn't seem to be any such standard SAP interface, I will have to do some further additional custom coding and choose either:

1) payment lots, with the custom program to create the payment medium for the ACH payments

or

2) payment run, with custom incoming payment interface based on the one used by biller direct

Thanks,

James

Answers (0)