cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using wrong layout version

Former Member

I created a none-interactive PDF form sometimes ago.

I had to modify it. That is what I did.

Performing some tests on the development system, the modification worked perfectly.

I then transported the print program, the pdf form and interface to the test system.

all 3 were active.

The print program is working fine but the PDF that is generated is the old layout version.

I reactivate everything in the development system and created a new transport and reimported it.

back to the test system, it still using the old design. If I am opening the form (SFP) in the test system I am seeing the new design and it is active.

FROM tcode SFP, the PDF Preview shows the new design, but when using the test button, it shows the old design.

One more thing, the first version of the design has been created with Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7. The latest version has been updated with Adobe Livecycle Designer ES 8.1

Is anyone already encounter that problem?

I even run the FP_GENERATE_FUNCTION_MODULE program to delete the function group and regenerate it.

No change. The layout of the PDF is still the old one.

Why and How the PDF form is still using the old designed? I can even not see it when using the Tcode SFP?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Edited by: Daniel St-Jacques on Feb 18, 2011 3:45 PM

Edited by: Daniel St-Jacques on Feb 18, 2011 3:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

For the benefits of averybody.

The problem was at the ADS configuration.

The QA system has been replaced by the Production by a system copy.

The Basis forgot to perform the ADS configuration correction. So the ADS of the QA system was pointing to the production system.

So, be aware to verify the ADS configuration when a system copy is performed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check to see if you are calling the right function module (the one generated from your form) in your program? Are you calling the function module dynamically? The function module names change from system to system...so I would start there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josh

The right function seems to be used.

The function module is selected through the function: "FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME"

When we are into the Adobe LiveCycle itself and we are doing the preview, it is working but when we are doing the test print it doesn;t work anymore.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you run the program through the debugger and reach the point of FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME...Does the function module name match the name from transaction SFP (i.e. when you hit the F8 button) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we have the same problem.

do you have found a solution?

regards Elisabeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've had this problem before. It was a result of the translation option for PDF forms. Try this, ->go to tanslation-> within the pdf script-> delete the current translation-> recreate it using the copy-> it should regenerate the translator and save it. Go back to the form and regenerate it.

antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio

After several months, we still have the problem.

We are not using the translation in our PDF.

Even then, I tried it without success.

Any other suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Daniel