Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Contact Person

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are currently using SRM 5.0.

Is it possible to have just one contact person be listed for multiple vendors? This would enable one contact person to view multiple vendor bid invitations instead of just one vendor's bid invitations. Currently I have managed to copy a contact around to multiple vendors while maintaining the contact's single userid in the system. The problem I am having though is this contact's buspartnerid number in the system is updating everytime I change which vendor the contact is listed for. The system recognizes this change and will only display bid invitations for the "last" vendor the contact has been copied to. The contact person is still showing up under the employee list for the previous vendors as well.

I would like to make it so that the system will display all vendor bids for which this userid of the contact person is setup for.

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

-Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you explain why do you need it. Does Surrogate Bidding help your scenario?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/49/79c5377023be17e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not believe surrogate bidding would help in this instance.

In our system we currently have a vendor who has a central office location as well as multiple outlier office locations. For each outlier location there is a new vendor number, even though this is still essentially the same vendor. I would like to be able to give one vendor user at a central location the access to view and bid for each outlier office as well.

Currently in our system the most I can accomplish it seems to be is assigning the central vendor's userid to each vendor number, but unfortuantely this only grants the user access to view bids for the last vendor he has been assigned to, instead of every vendor he is assigned to.

Thank you,

-Jason

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, I would use 1 Vendor ID and multiple bidders user ID. I do not see any advantage for creating several vendor ID for 1 company.

RFx has option for "Allow Multiple Bids Per Company".

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately for our business case, consolidating multiple vendors down to just one vendor per company is not an option. As well, I was under the impression that "allow multiple bids per company" was a feature available to 6.0 & greater. We are still using SRM 5.0.

Ideally I would just like to be able to have one userid see bids for multiple vendor vendors.

Thanks

-Jason

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnaldo,

I apologize, but we were never able to find a solution around this issue. The business took a different approach. Good luck in your search!

Thanks,

Jason Hunt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

Did you find an answer for your question? I am facing the same issue, i.e., having a single User ID for multiple vendors (with different vendor numbers) in the SRM/ECC.

Thanks,

Arnaldo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your update!

0 Kudos

Jason,

How were you able to  manage to copy a contact around to multiple vendors while maintaining the contact's single userid in the system?

When i try to assign the same User_Id to other vendors , system gives an error message " User XXXXX is already linked".

We too have a situation where the need is to have one single contact person for multiple vendors. We have two backend systems and the same vendor has different vendor number in each system. Both the vendors are replicated to SRM. We are in SRM 7.0 Ehp2 / ECC 6.0 Ehp 6. There is no immediate plan to harmonize the vendor data.

Thanks

Sukumar Garugu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you tried to have Partner Function in ERP, where you can maintain one single contact person for multiple vendors.

Then you can map same to SRM.

Thanks

Ajit

0 Kudos

Ajit,

Thank You for the reply.

We have the same vendor with different vendor numbers in two different backend systems. Both these vendors are replicated to SRM. We are trying to create same contact person (Bidder) and assign to the different vendor number. SRM is not allowing to assign the same User_Id to be assinged to different vendor numbers.

Thanks

Sukumar