cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error TABLELOAD Maxdb 7.6.00.37

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've updated DB MAXDB 7.6.00.12 to 7.6.00.37. The problem is that the INDEX and synonymous there aren't.

I don't know if the problem is the catalog; otherwise i've had a TABLEEXTRACT USER CATALOG ... and TABLEEXTRACT USER DATA ... from database MAXDB 7.6.00.12 and the result is ok.

The problem is when i do the next sentence in the DB MAXDB 7.6.00.37 : TABLELOAD USER CATALOG INSTREAM 'c:TEMPcatalog.dat', this generate this error :

ERR -25392

'[SQLOD32 DLL][MaxDB] Syntax error or access violation;-5015 POS(41) Mis

sing keyword:STANDARD,RESOURCE,REPLICATION,DBA,USERGROUP,EXCLUSIVE'

---

Please, ¿somebody could said me what is this error ? and also ¿could you said me too if this procedure for obtain the index an synonymous is correct?

Thank you and best regards, Isidre Pascual

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but could you at least explain what you are trying to do?

And why do you replace a super-ancient version of MaxDB with an ancient one? Any reason for not taking at least the current patch of 7.6?

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Lars

I had an ancien version of MAXDB 7.6.00.12 and i thought than the last version of this was 7.6.00.37 and not the 7.6.x, because for me 00 was more compatibility than 7.6.1 or 7.7

The reason of this update is because i have a RADIUS and when i introduced more of one hundred registers, the radius not login in then DB. ¡¡¡ Is very strange !!!, but if i updated the other version of MAXDB for instance 7.6.00.37 it work fine.

For this reason i updated the MAXDB, but now i've problem about the INDEX, there aren't INDEX, and i need this INDEX for to convert the date formats. ¿COULD you said me what can i do?

Now, after the restore of backup, i'm trying to restore the catalog ( i dont'n know if this will restore the old index???), but i've this error in the MAXDB 7.6.00.37:

TABLELOAD USER CATALOG INSTREAM 'c:TEMPcatalog.dat', this generate this error :

ERR -25392

'SAP AGSQLOD32 DLLMaxDB Syntax error or access violation;-5015 POS(41) Mis

sing keyword:STANDARD,RESOURCE,REPLICATION,DBA,USERGROUP,EXCLUSIVE'

---

Also if you know another procedure for to do a good update de DB, said me please.

regards,

Isidre

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isidre,

is there any reason you think after restoring a backup you have to do a TABLELOAD to restore the catalog? If you successfully restored a database there is already the catalog restored. The TABLEEXTRACT/TABLELOAD are NOT MEANT TO be used for backup and restore. These are only to extract and load users tables, schemes and so on. They will not in any way restore a complete system.

Concerning your error - to see what exactly happens it would be good to see the error in the loader.log file. Run loadercli without any command line options and it will display the path to the log file. The last lines around the error message would be of interest.

And yes I must aggree Lars - you should use at least the latest available software version which is 7.6.06.10.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

thank you Steffen and Lars, now i've a virtual machine with MAXDB 7.6.00.12 in laboratory and i'm going to update a MAXDB 7.6.06.10.

Otherwise, i've in production a MAXDB 7.6.00.37, and the problem is the lost INDEX. I'd Index in the MAXDB 7.6.00.12 but after to restore a MAXDB 7.6.00.37 there aren't INDEX.

¿ Do you know any process to restore the INDEX ?

best regards,

Isidre

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isidre,

I think I don't get it yet completely right - you lost an index during restore? Normally single tables can have dozen of indexes - so what exactly do you mean? And restoring an index simply means to create it newly if you know which columns of a table it used. I do not know any other way.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Steffen,

I do an exemple of my problem :

FOR MAXDB 7.6.00.12

I've a procedure with this statement :

TRTIME = Wed Feb 16 08:46:11 2011

INI = 1

FIN = INDEX(TRTIME, ' ', INI); => INDEX(Wed Feb 16 08:46:11 2011, ' ', 1 )

The valour of this variable FIN is 4.

FOR MAXDB 7.6.00.37

TRTIME = Wed Feb 16 08:46:11 2011

INI = 1

FIN = INDEX(TRTIME, ' ', INI); => INDEX(Wed Feb 16 08:46:11 2011, ' ', 1 )

The valour of variable FIN is 0. this value should be 4 and no 0 . All is the same !!!, but the result is different.

Thank you,

best regards,

Isidre

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Isidre!

Ok, now we at least know what you're talking about.

You're referring to the build-in function "INDEX" which hast NOTHING to do with database indexes.

( INDEX(a,b,p,s) is an arithmetic function that determines the position of the substring specified in b within the character string a. a and b are string specifications)

I made a quick test on my 7.6.06 Build 17 (which is, btw as downward compatible as any other version!):

drop function check_me
//
create function check_me 
	returns integer 
as
 VAR index_result integer;

index_result= INDEX ('Wed Feb 16 08:46:11 2011', ' ',  1); 
 return index_result; 
// 
select check_me() from dual

--> 4

So, this works for me...

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Ok, it works !!!!!.

I've updated MAXDB 7.6.00.37 to MAXDB 7.6.06 and the result is fine.

thanks.

best regards, Isidre