cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS tool Issue !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I don't know where to post about this,hence posting here.

Problem here is, i work on project track with NWDS7.0 and JDK1.4.2. other people working on same track are not facing issues on project creation from the same track but when i create, i see with errors on imports especially on java.util.regex and hashmap..

I am working on my machine with NWDS7.0 from last 6months,everything was working fine.Just before few days, no clue what went wrong i started getting errors . So, un-installed the NWDS and installed again stil the erros exists.

I tried adding rt.jar externally, where are disappeared but getting below errors

The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for java.lang.Object. Fix the classpath then try rebuilding this project.

This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type java.lang.Object (typically some required class file is referencing a type outside the classpath

I dnt know what and where is the problem. Please guide me if incase any of you have faced issues with NWDS7.0.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you add rt.jar by Add External JARS option or Add Library. Try Add Library and select JRE system Library> Select Default and finish.

Regards

Deepak

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vanita,

Folllow tushar sinha advice

1. Goto My Computer>Properties -- A window for System Properties will open

2. Goto Advanced tab and click on Environment Variables -- A window for Environment Variables will open

3. Under System Variables Section check if the variable 'Path' points to the bin folder of the installed JDK

If not add an entry. In case of any duplicate remove the previous entry.

and do the following also.

4. Click on New button Provide values

Variable Name : classpath

Variable Value : <your JDK path>\lib\tools.jar Ex:- C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_21\lib\tools.jar

Ok --> apply --> ok

Hope it helps you

Regards,

Pradeep Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanita,

I remember getting a similar error in the past. Can you please follow the procedure below and see if it fixes the issue?

1. Goto My Computer>Properties -- A window for System Properties will open

2. Goto Advanced tab and click on Environment Variables -- A window for Environment Variables will open

3. Under System Variables Section check if the variable 'Path' points to the bin folder of the installed JDK

If not add an entry. In case of any duplicate remove the previous entry.

Regards,

Tushar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

First up all thanks for all your inputs.

Steps I have tried are as follows:

1. Re-importing track.

2. Re-installing NWDS.

3. Re-installing JDK.

4. Setting up path and java home.

5. Selecting default in add library

6. Adding rt.jar using add external jars gives me below class path incomplete error as follows:

The project was not built since its class path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for java.lang.Object. Fix the class path then try rebuilding this project.

This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type java.lang.Object (typically some required class file is referencing a type outside the class path

I am not sure what I am supposed to do for this above error.

One more Question here is : If I am resolve issues also , should I go ahead and check-in the activity created in resolving the errors? Because my other team mates are not facing this issue.

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaneetha,

Try to avoid checking in such issue as long as possible and also because others are not facing issue, it may create the issue for them.

Regards

Jeetendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanitha,

its very common useusally we get when working with NWDS , we will get atleast once in a day.

do the below stesps to avaoid it.

Open the properties of your project

clcik on java build path

select librarya tab and click on add external JAR files and add the rt.jar to your Build path.

and *important thing is don't build ur project at DC level juts Re-build it *.

it will solve ur problem.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NWDS gives such kind of unknown errors. So in order to resolve such problem, please remove everything from NWDS step by step:

1. Delete all the projects/ DC created in workspace

2. Remove the local track configurations

3. Close NWDS

4. Delete the folders created .dtc directory in workspace.

After following above steps, restart the machine and open NWDS and create everything again.

hope this helps you

regards

amit bagati