cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plant--> sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Do you know why we can not assign the plant directly to sales area in SPRO?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In OVX6, you assign plant to sales org and distribution channel which is nothing but sales area.

Incidentally, I would like to know what made you to post this question.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

so when I want to assign plant to especific division, I have to do it changing the distribution channel..? for me is easier to asiggn it directly to division...?? why SAP has chosed to do it likr that(assign plant to sales org and distribution channel )??

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is quite interesting question. Distribution channel represent "HOW" product reaches to customer for example Retail, Wholesales, Internet etc. By Assigning we are allowing which Salesorg and Distribution channel options are allowed for a plant.

The purpose of the distribution channel is to restrict or streamline the distribution of the products. Let us consider you have 2 different distribution channels, say XX u2013 Tele Sales, YY u2013 Retail Sale. You want to deliver all the goods meant for telesales from plant PL01; all the goods meant for retail sales from plant PL02. In this case, if your sales organization is 1000, you can assign the plants in OVX6 as given below. 1000 / XX u2013 PL01, 1000 / YY u2013 PL02.

The idea of sales area is also meant for streamlining the process. We are not selling all products to all customers. We are restricting certain products to certain customers by sales area. So, the customer, material and sales documents are created with respect to the sales area.

Link :

The are four kind of Relations in SAP

1 - One to Many

2 - Many to One

3 - Many to Many

4 - One to One

for Sales Org/D.channel to Plant relation is Many to Many

means one sales org can have Many Plants

and One Plant can be assigned to Many Sales. Org/D.channels.

Another Example

One Company code can have Many Plants

this is One to Many Relations.

Hope it helps .

Regards/Rajesh