cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring interfaces for end business users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the need to provide a general monitor tool for the end business users to manage and operate (reprocess and cancel) messages exchanged by the applications. Normally my approach was the next for asynchronous interfaces:

- For business application like SAP ERP the user may use the transactions to monitor IDOCs, check functional errors and reprocess or cancel the IDOCs.

- For the integration platform like SAP PI the user has not access to this tool because the errors (mapping and communication erros) are pure technical.

- For the business applications without monitor for asynchronous interfaces the end user can manage files located in a backup folder, log files, ... And the reprocess is just to move the files from one folder to another.

But my client just wants a generic monitor where:

- They can search messages and workflows via date/time, source and target application, interface, ... from any business application and/or the integration platform.

- They can check the messages and workflows from any business application and/or the integration platform.

- They can modify the business data enbedded in the messages from any business application and/or the integration platform.

- They can reprocess message in from business application and/or the integration platform.

- Manage authorizations to allow to the end users the access to the different data.

I was checking BAM but i'm not sure if i will be able to achieve all the requirements. There are some requirements, like the applications without monitor that they manage files, where maybe i would have to implement a custom monitor.

My client use SAP PI 7.1, SAP ECC 6.0 and the lecacy applications use files to exchange messages.

I would appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Jose.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi experts,

>

> I have the need to provide a general monitor tool for the end business users to manage and operate (reprocess and cancel) messages exchanged by the applications. Normally my approach was the next for asynchronous interfaces:

> - For business application like SAP ERP the user may use the transactions to monitor IDOCs, check functional errors and reprocess or cancel the IDOCs.

> - For the integration platform like SAP PI the user has not access to this tool because the errors (mapping and communication erros) are pure technical.

> - For the business applications without monitor for asynchronous interfaces the end user can manage files located in a backup folder, log files, ... And the reprocess is just to move the files from one folder to another.

>

> But my client just wants a generic monitor where:

> - They can search messages and workflows via date/time, source and target application, interface, ... from any business application and/or the integration platform.

> - They can check the messages and workflows from any business application and/or the integration platform.

> - They can modify the business data enbedded in the messages from any business application and/or the integration platform.

> - They can reprocess message in from business application and/or the integration platform.

> - Manage authorizations to allow to the end users the access to the different data.

>

> I was checking BAM but i'm not sure if i will be able to achieve all the requirements. There are some requirements, like the applications without monitor that they manage files, where maybe i would have to implement a custom monitor.

>

> My client use SAP PI 7.1, SAP ECC 6.0 and the lecacy applications use files to exchange messages.

>

> I would appreciate any suggestion.

>

> Thanks in advance and best regards,

> Jose.

My suggestion is to develope a custom monitor, integrated with "standard" function module for monitoring.

I also solve this problem developing a web service (that integrate all of functionalities), and call it from another product for best visual apparence (like flex)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi spantaleoni,

Thanks for reply. It sounds great your idea but i have some questions regarding to the webservice in PI with these functionalities to manage the monitoring:

- Can this webservice get information from the Adapter Engine? I mean, in Integration Engine you just have the result of routing and transformation steps, but you don't have the result of the Adapter Engine. You can say that the message is OK in Integration Engine, but after it could fail in the Adapter Engine.

- Do you know something about agents in the aplications to use the end - to - end monitoring?

- Could you please share a little bit the functionalities, names of functions, ..., about your webserviceL?

I was working with Adobe Flex some time ago and I think it will be the best for the user interface

Thanks in advance and regards,

Jose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for monitoring of interfaces,queues u can configure CCMS as well as email alert ...is this wat u r looking for or another option is solution manager it can monitor all the systems in landscape..

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

but CCMS is for end user? Do i have to create roles and users in PI for the end users?

Thanks and regards,

Jose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi spantaleoni,

I found the next article to expose the SXMB_MONI transaction as webservice: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/909760cb-0ec8-2a10-4a96-ee8417acf...

I would like to know if there are the next functions to expose as webservice:

- Functions to get the monitoring data from Adapter (or Advanced Adapter) Engine.

- Functions to get the workflow log from Business Process Engine (or Workflow Engine).

The reason is because maybe i need some functions for my front-end and this will be in Adobe Flex maybe.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Jose.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check following thread.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak. It sounds very interesting the Business Process Monitoring in Solution Manager. I would need more time to check which functionalities can provide for our requirements. I'll have a look.

Best regards,

Jose.