cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC Item duplication when item catalog is editted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a new scenario implementation for procurement of services from CATALOG. We use third party catalog system called SIMENO.

We go to the catalog and add the data in the in it and get it to my SC. Now the new thing is that we can edit this catalog item and we have provided a new keyboard icon for that. We click on this icon and edit the service. Now the problem starts as the OCI does not understand that it is an update and it inserts one more line item in the SC. This creates 2 services in the SC now.

Has anybody faced such an issue?? Is there any note available to resolve this issue??

We are on SRM 5.0

Regards,

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Now the new thing is that we can edit this catalog item and we have provided a new keyboard icon for that

Can you confirm that the icon is for OCI display function which opens up item detail in Catalog?

If you are talking about OCI Display function, the catalog does not support OCI Display function.

You should switch off the "Display Product Data Again in Catalog" in catalog ID customize.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Can you please tell me how do we check this?

Regards,

PK

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you see the icon after the "Display Product Data Again in Catalog" is switched off in catalog ID customize?

What is the technical name for the icon?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am working with Rahul on the same issue and ill be able to explain more on this. The business requirement is such that they want only one line item in the SC and not any duplicate.

Eg: If I procure a service from XX Vendor and get it in my SC. I feel that i need to change the vendor to YY. So I click on the edit button and change the vendor to YY and get it back to the SC. I now see two line items in the SC 1 is from XX vendor and the other is from YY vendor. But the client wants the see only one line item in the SC with YY vendor.

Catching in the BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER badi will not work because when the SC is on hold it will only display the changed item and not the duplicate item so we dont have anything to compare with.

This issue is caused by the standard OCI functionality which thinks that it is an INSERT and adds another line item. We are really stuck out here and require your help.

Regards,

PK

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the 3rd party catalog is designed to send 2 items if you add additional service.

What is your business requirement? Do you need only 1st item ?

Regards,

Masa

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the new icon you indicated performed a catalog roundtrip, then the item will definitely be added into the shopping cart.

Or you can use the BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER to update the 1st item that is already in the shopping cart instead?

Best regards.

YS