cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Unit Auto time Time Out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way in SAP to change the set-up of RF units so that they will time out and automatically log out the user and will require the user to log back in.

Is it possible that we can control this via SAP?

Thanks,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The time-out sits on the scanner (Power Options)....not SAP. Don't think it can be done what you require. Check with your BASIS people about the auto log-off after no SAP activity.

Also remember the following: Is the user halfway in a scan task? Is he busy with some process which is not completed? You cannot log-off before the task/process is completed.

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hein & Harish,

I have question for RF ....if you can plz help me..

How are the Sucess & Error Messages shown in the RF device.?

1. On the same screen at bottom (considering Screen size of 16 x 20) OR

2. in separate screen where user has u click 'OK' for acknowledgwement.....this of course increases activity of each time to click OK.

Many Thanks in advance...!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most of our mobile transactions are done in TRM (tcode LP00). There error messages are shown on a next screen. There's ver few success messages...a new new transaction is just started. We have a custom transaction for creating TO's from the scanner (based on STD mobile functionality) and the messages after the TO creation is also shown on a next screen.

I hope this will help you.

Hein

Edited by: Hein Botha on Feb 21, 2011 8:39 AM