cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am kind of confused by the allocation number.

First, it is customer line item used for sorting. Customer line item means the normal line item in an order , am i right?

It is Copy Controlled at Header Level.

So, kindly clarify why it is both a header and item level field.

Thanks.

regards

M Russo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, it is customer line item used for sorting.

You did not mentioned where it is sorted, so I assume when you say customer line item used for sorting means, it is from accounting point of view.

Customer line item means the normal line item in an order , am i right?

No, customer line item means, account receivables for the customer line items (t.code FD10N).Here you can see the list of billing documents for payment collection (account receivables).

It is Copy Controlled at Header Level.

Yes, the allocation number is copy controlled at header level of the billing document (t.codes VTFA or VTFL).

So, kindly clarify why it is both a header and item level field.

Header level field meant, using the copy control the allocation number is populated at the header level of the billing document.

Item level from accounting point of view, the open billing documents (which are called line items for the customer debit balance) in the accounting for account receivables (in FD10N). Here each of the billing document assinged with allocation number can be seen.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gurus!

Yes, you are right. I forgot to mention where the sorting is done.

I meant to say in the FI accounting doc.

Cheers!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Value in Allocation Number would be fetched from the field ZUONR of VBRK. The control is in OB16 where if you select Sort Key 000, you can see this field assigned to that.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mirella,

I don't understand. Do you refer to field with tech.name ZUONR?

About sorting, Are you talking about field POSNR? If the answer is yes, where? in SO or the sort of items in invoice?

Regards

Eduardo