Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAR Files for multiple tracks

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where we need to provide JAR files which needs to be accessible by all the tracks.Is there any solution which is being followed.

In the current landscape we have built external library DC's for each track and trying to access the JARS. But the limitation where we are struck up is this DC is being only accessible to DC's in that track but not to the remaining tracks.

Is there a global solution where we i can make my JAR file can be made accessible to multiple tracks.

Thanks & Regards,

Lokesh Kamana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats a good idea.

I have a SC component created in SLD and create a track for this and copy the ext lib DC to this track.

Define outbound connections for moving transports.

But how to create an SCA file for my DC.

ANS:-Just by clicking on assembly get a SCA file for this track and as outbound connection is defined this SCA gets moved to my track import that to all my tracks where i carry out my development.

While moving the transports to other environments do i need to move this SCA file also along with them.

Please let me know whether my understanding is correct or not.

Thanks & Regards,

Lokesh Kamana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

If you mean by "other environments", environments which are not under CMS control, you can export the created SCA in the assembly or approval tab and import it manualy in your desired environment.

By the way, your SCA will be transported over the track connections as soon as you approve the SCA in the approval tab of the CMS. Track connection type is transport.

Also, do not forget to update your dependencies in the track-data tab of your track in the landscape configurator of the CMS.

Hope this helps you more.

Regards,

Alain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

Yes there is!

Create using the SLD a new Software Component MyLibs which includes your external library DC. The MyLibs.SCA can be created using a designated track (no runtime systems required) and transport it using track connections towards the tracks of desire.

Your developed software components which depend on the external libraries should have a "build time" dependency towards the MyLibs.SCA in the SLD and should be imported in the development tab of your track(s) in the CMS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alain