cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back-end communication error for r/3 parameter search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Have been facing this problem for sometime now.When i was clicking on <b>'binoculars/search'</b> find to check for account assignment on web gui,i was getting this error "display not possible...inconsistency in input help" error.

I did configuration setting in 'define back-end' system(defined the last column of rfc destination), and the error disappeared and is working fine in sandbox.

Now when i do the same in development system,'inconsistency' error no longer pops up but another one pops up saying <b>"error while communicating with the back-end system..inform system admin."</b>

Just to let you all know,<u><i><b>i am able to create back-end documents</b></i></u>...it is just when i am trying to use "binoculars/find" in account assignment...the 'backend communication error pops up.

I have tried everything possible..checked all attributes..everything is fine.

Can someone assist me?I must be missing something very simple...plz suggest.

Full points guaranteed:))!!!

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya-

The security portion of the note requires you to update create a role (PFCG) in R/3 and assign it to RFC user (SU01) - the user used to define the RFC from EBP to R/3 (SM59) is the user to update.

This may not be your issue but verify the authorizations meet the mininmum required authorizations as described.

Regards-

b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check whether the RFC user has the authorization object S_RFC entry for his role.If not regenerate the role with this entry ad check.

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya-

Are you certain the RFC destination you have defined for search helps has proper authorizations? See OSS note 656633 - <a href="https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=012003146900000120122003">OSS 656633</a>

Regards-

b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I had checked that note before.But because everything was working fine in sandbox...i am assuming that the rfc user has the proper authorizations here as well.I may be wrong.

Can you tell me how to set authorization(mentioned in the note) to rfc user?Is that a 'security' job?

Thanks

P