SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPP and e-learning content integration with LMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I urgently need help. We have developed e-learning content in SPP. The LMS is Moodle. I am linking the SPP published course into Moodle. when I launch the course from moodle, the user is asked to log onto the spp server. IS there anyway I can get SPP and Moodle to integrate without this double log-in procedure?

Is there any way the user can log onto Moodle and then launch the course without having to launch SPP?

4 REPLIES 4

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ester,

Your question refers to the SAP Productivity Pack I assume? Your question is also related to a more technical field of expertise: single sign on (SSO). SSO is a technique which is used to prevent users to logon multiple times in a various landscape environment. In your case I can imagine that a user should logon to a portal (SAP?) where after the logon the SSO technology makes sure the user is immediately logged on in Moodle, SPP, SLcM, etc, etc.

Another thing to check: maybe SPP is able to publish courses on a location (public FTP location) which can be clicked on in Moodle which do not require a logon procedure.

Hope this helps.

Rob

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Rob has already mentioned, you need to look into SSO technology to solve this. Then, the user will login the first time and this will cause an SSO2 ticket to be issued, which is stored in browser as a domain cookie, then sent to the other system and recognised/trusted, so that the other system knows that the user has already authenticated. If user has already authenticated and the cookie is trusted, the user won't see another signon screen.

Maybe you need to post a question on the SDN security forum to get more help with this ?

A common way to authenticate users via browser is to use the Active Directory credentials obtained when user logs onto their workstation using a domain account. Then, the only time the user needs to authenticate is when they logon to Windows, and after that the user is recognised by all SAP systems accessed via a browser. A similar method can be setup with thick-client applications (e.g. when browser not used) and this would use SNC to provide Active Directory based authentication.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ester,

Please note that we now have a new forum created for SAP Productivity Pack.

The link is

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Edited by: Matthew Stapleton on May 30, 2011 10:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ester,

It is definitly an SSO thing. Moodle supports a number of authentication methods including LDAP. If your SAP system is also using LDAP as its User Data Source it might be easier to establish the SSO. On moodle side you will need to install Authentication plugin(s). On teh other hand Moodle has an SSO plugin. some info on this http://help.wikispaces.com/MoodleSSOplugin

You might also would like to look at the SAML capabilities. and SPNego.

Could you give a hint that how you did the integration? Are you using webservices? it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Haik