cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to customize the UME notification emails?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone knows how to customize the UME notification emails that get sent out when an account is created, deleted, updated, password reset...

I'm hoping to be able to change the short descriptions and the body of the email notifications in relation to which action is triggered.

<b>Currently, I get the following... (as an example when an account is created).</b>

SHORT DESCRIPTION: User account created

Dear Test ID,

Your account has been created. Your user ID is test_id. Your password is "newpass".

<b>I would like to be able to change it to...</b>

SHORT DESCRIPTION: A user account is created for you in Development.

Dear Test ID,

Your account has been created in development. Your user ID is test_id. Your password is "newpass".

You can access the application by going to the link below...

http://<servername>:50000/<ApplicationHere>;

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it. No action required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you indicate where you found this.

Thanks

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am trying to follow this document.

I have extracte the folowing file as well notificationTexts_<language>.properties.

When I open it up it has the following structure

#File created by SLIM generator

#Thu Jan 19 22:46:22 CET 2006

TEXT_LOCK_PERFORMED=Dear ,\nYour account has been locked.\n TEXT_DELETE_PERFORMED=Your account has been deleted. SUBJ_CREATE_BY_BATCH_PERFORMED=Account created TEXT_CREATE_APPROVAL=Dear ,\nYour request for account has been approved.\n TEXT_PWD_RESET_REQUEST=Dear ,\nUser has requested password reset.\n SUBJ_USER_LOGON_PROBLEM_REQUEST=User experiences problems to log on SUBJ_UNLOCK_PERFORMED=Account unlocked TEXT_USER_LOGON_PROBLEM_REQUEST=Dear ,\nUser experiences problems to log on.\n TEXT_CREATE_BY_BATCH_PERFORMED=Dear ,\nYour account has been created. Your user ID is . Your password is "".\n SUBJ_PWD_RESET_REQUEST=Password reset request SUBJ_CREATE_APPROVAL=Account request approved SUBJ_UNLOCK_REQUEST=Unlock request TEXT_UNLOCK_REQUEST=Dear ,\nUser has requested unlock of account.\n SUBJ_DELETE_PERFORMED=Account deleted SUBJ_CREATE_REQUEST=Account request SUBJ_CREATE_DENIED=Account request rejected TEXT_UPDATE_BY_BATCH_PERFORMED=Dear ,Your account has been updated. Your password has not been changed. SUBJ_USER_SELFREG_PERFORMED=User successfully registered TEXT_ACTIVATE_REQUEST=Dear ,\nUser has requested activation of account.\n

SUBJ_LOCK_PERFORMED=Account locked

TEXT_PWD_RESET_PERFORMED=Dear ,\nyour password has been reset. Your new password is .\n TEXT_CREATE_DENIED=Dear ,\nYour account request has been rejected.\n SUBJ_ACTIVATE_PERFORMED=Account reactivated TEXT_CREATE_PERFORMED=Dear ,\nYour account has been created. Your user ID is . Your password is "".\n TEXT_CREATE_REQUEST=Dear ,\nUser has requested an account.\n SUBJ_ACTIVATE_REQUEST=Account activation request TEXT_UNLOCK_PERFORMED=Dear ,\nYour account has been unlocked.\n

SUBJ_UPDATE_BY_BATCH_PERFORMED=Account updated

SUBJ_PWD_RESET_PERFORMED=Password reset

TEXT_ACTIVATE_PERFORMED=Dear ,\nYour account has been reactivated.\n TEXT_USER_SELFREG_PERFORMED=Dear ,\nYour account has been created.\n

SUBJ_CREATE_PERFORMED=User account created

Now I want to edit my notification email text, In that I want to change the existing URL of the server to the new URL.Earlier it was http://epd.mycompname.com

Now I would like to change this to https://npd.mycompname.com

Using this document can some body please tell me how to go about it.

Thanks and Regards

Manoj Kumar.

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Manoj,

I do not follow you. No where in the standard texts is there a URL.

You can add the URL yourself:

SUBJ_CREATE_PERFORMED=User account created

TEXT_CREATE_PERFORMED=Dear ,\nYour account has been created. Your user ID is . Your password is "". Log on at https://npd.mycompname.com. \n

That should work.

-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u pls tell how u changed this value.

9 placeholder is for that body. but from where that values comes is 9 placeholder

Regards