cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check if UI element is made invisible by personalization or configuration

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am calling the method GET_VISIBLE of CL_WD_UIELEMENT to find out whether a certain UI element is visible.

This is working fine if the UI element is set to invisible by the developer.

However, if the end user has hidden that UI Element (right-click -> hide), or if there is a web dynpro component configuration, the method GET_VISIBLE still returns "visible".

How can I find out if the UI element is "really" visible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CL_WD_UIELEMENT class has one attribute PL_VISIBLE of type WDUI_VISIBILITY

which contains the visiblity property as set by the personalisation feature.

but it is protected type so using it will be little bit difficult.

implementing a new class with CL_WD_UIELEMENT class as super class.

thanks and gud luck

sarbeet singh

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbeet,

usually, there is a reason why these attributes are protected. There must be another way. Thx anyhow so far.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you looking for a solution to find out at runtime ? have you looked at if_wd_personalization interface ,does it provide any information on that.

Otherwise you could use the service wd_analyze_config_user in transaction sicf.

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, i am looking for a solution at run time. So, wd_analyze_config_user is not an option.

The interface you mentioned does not seem to help as well, at least I did not find a way how this interface is related to my UI element, and how I can read the visibility of that element using the interface.

Thx,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then i think you are looking for a solution to get the customization changes at runtime to control. I am not sure if there is a API for that. You may have to checkout with SAP if Layer Development mechanism in 7.02 cover this.

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

7.02 is not enough. I need to get it running under 7.01.

I am surprised that it is so hard to find out at runtime whether a UI element is visible.

Any other ideas are welcome.