cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asset settlement issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

when i am doing asset settlement i am getting following error please give advise to solve this

You cannot use this transaction type to post to this asset

Message no. AA834

Diagnosis

The transaction type entered belongs to transaction type group 15. According to the specifications for this transaction type group, posting with transactions types belonging to this group are only allowed in specific asset classes (for example, asset classes for assets under construction).

The asset to which you are posting belongs to class 120000 (chart of depreciation TECD). You cannot post to this class using the transaction type you have entered.

Procedure

Check the asset number entered. You may want to allow posting with this transaction type group for the asset class of the asset.

regards

sen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems the asset class entered in the Investment profile is wrong (OITA).

SAP Std is 4001 for AuC.

Please check and get help from FI consultant to correct it.

Tnx.

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Ok. Settling to another WBSE & then to FXA might be a working option if you consider the implications exactly.

Regarding validity of the process,

1. Decide whether you really have a business requirement to make down payments directly against the WBSE

2. Make the WBSE field suppressed in the relevant down payment transactions (FI config)

HI Abdul,

The Asset Class doesnot have any problem related to this error. "Down Payment Transaction type is not allowed to be settled to the AUC" as per FI Config existing.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

There are down payments (transaction type = 15) entered in the system directly againt the WBSE in question.

Check whether this is required for your business process.

Ask your FI consultant to cross check "OAYB" config for the combination of "TECD" & "15" whether the asset class "120000" should be allowed.

further GL account mapping in "AO90" should be maintained if the above should be allowed.

If it should not be allowed, FI can suppress the field WBSE in the down payment transactions in order to avoid this error in future.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

after this i am getting following error please advice to solve this

Account 'Acquisition: down payments' could not be found for area 01

Message no. AU133

Diagnosis

When creating the accounting document, the system could not find account 'Acquisition: down payments' in depreciation area 01 for company code 1000.

Procedure

Enter this account in the account determination for Asset Accounting.

regards

sen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My old reply takes care of this also.

-- Go to "AO90", select your chart of accounts. Go to "Account Determination". Select the Account relevant to your Asset class.

Double click on "Balance Sheet Accounts". Your maintained Depreciation areas will be displayed. Double click on the relevant one. (01 in your case). GL account assignment window appears.

Enter a GL account in "Acquisition: down payments" field & save.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is the issue resolved ?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for replay

no still in process but for time being i we had settled that wbs to another wbse and from there we had settled to fixed asset

for assigning g/l our fi/co consultant is looking on it

regards

sen