cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping header and detail fields

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to map concatenated 1 header source field and 2 detail source fields into 1 target detail row field. Is it possible? I am getting message mapping error in SXMB_MONI. I changed the DT_Detail_Row.fieldFixedLengths, still getting error. Any suggestions or ideas how I can map these fields?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajan,

Are you using the standard CONCAT function?

There has been a known issue with the same.

Use it as folllows,

SORUCEFIELD1 -- MAPWITHDEFAULT --

CONCAT

SOURCEFIELD2 -- MAPWITHDEFAULT --

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to those who helped/replied. Closing this thread as no further replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

y cant u use 2 Staandard concat functions

where u concat ur two source fields using one concat and concat that output with the header source field using another concat fucntion and map that output to target field.

detail1

Concat----

>

detail2 concat----->target

Header----

>

cheers

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rajan,

Please post an example of the source n target structures, this will help in figuring out how it can be done. If not graphical, you should be able to achieve it with the help of a udf.

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The error looks like error of File Content Converstion.

Please can you look at the file adapter and see if there is an error or put the Error in SXMB_MONI over the forum

Regards

Vijaya

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not sure how to cut and paste graphical mapping but here is what I am trying to achieve:

Source - Header Row field + Detail Row Field1 + Detail Row Field2 -> Target - Detail Row Field.

If I do Source - Detail Row Field1 + Detail Row Field2 -> Target - Detail Row Field I don't get any errors but if Add Source Header Row Field, and concat, I get Message Mapping error in SXMB_MONI.

Thanks.