cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while exporting to spreadsheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

One of my user ran a report from SE38(dialog) and after getting the result. He used Save -> spreadsheet option.

Generally it provides few options with a pop-up like

EX:

Formats

>excel

>Start offcie

> All avaialble formats

Lastly a check box * Always use selected format

He marked the check box saying "Always use selected format" and therafter whenever he run any report he was never asked for a pop-up which facelitates him to choose the selected format.

Now the user wants this checkbox mark to revert back(unmark) . How can it be done. I checked the probable settings in su3 .. couldn't able to hit any answer ...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

To choose format the user needs to save to local file.

When selecting to Excel there is no option, or at least never gave me options.

Try local file and the options will be there.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for the response , I already advised that option to the user but couldn't got a positive response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had this problem the other day. When you tick the box it saves the setting but there doesn't seem to be any option to un-set it. We managed to resolve this and from my notes, this is what we did:

- Go to transaction SE38.

- Enter SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN in the Program field and click on the Execute button. This runs the report "Maintenance of ALV Control Data".

- You can then choose to display data for all users or for particular users. Enter the user name of the user who has problems and click on the Execute button.

- To remove the setting for the user, select the line in the search results and click the Delete button.

This should remove the saved option for that user.

Hope this helps!

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

That worked like a charm. I know this was a simple issue but a solution which very few would know and was watching this thread out of curiosity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Kudos !! Thanks for the solution, IIt is perfecto.

Alternatively , there is a workaround for that aswell

I went to SM51 --> Selected the instances > Right click>spreadsheet

This will give the pop-up , close this

After this , whenever I tried to export the same to spread sheet , It is giving the pop-up .

The workaround also worked well.

But based on the best standards , Iam going with your solution.

Thanks a ton

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

I tried checking the option but could not find where to change that. However, this happens only when the user is clicking on Spreadsheet option. The other option would be to go to list->save->local file and select the option until you find a solution.

See if the user accepts that.

Regards,

Venkat