cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required for Translation of WD Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client(non-English) wants entire application to be in their own language, so I need to translate all the views that are used in different applications. I have already started to do this now and I understand that there are 3 ways in which UI texts are propagated to screens:

1) DDIC objects (Field Labels of DTEL) -

2) OTR text (tcode SOTR_EDIT)

3) Text entered directly in element's property i.e. hard-coded ones

I can maintain the texts for (1) and (2), but I don't understand how to translate the texts for (3) as they are mostly present in standard objects. Is there any way it is possible to achieve it without Modification? Please help.

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

I dont think so ...for 3 option...we need to maintain OTRs....Yes, I understand that we need to change the text property for all of them..Have you checked for any parameters availabel at application level to change the language so that they gets displayed in that lanaguge...Or else we need to check for any FM for translation of the language and display....

In our requirement we have used OTRs...

Let me give another try...

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 3) Text entered directly in element's property i.e. hard-coded ones

>

> I can maintain the texts for (1) and (2), but I don't understand how to translate the texts for (3) as they are mostly present in standard objects. Is there any way it is possible to achieve it without Modification? Please help.

>

>

> Regards,

> Amit

Hi,

I think you can do this from the WdbDynpro text browser. It is not standard available in your se80, go to the setting and choose this browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply Baskaran. Can you please be more descriptive?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

what i meant was in se80, you have WebDynpro Text Browser tool. You can use this tool to select a package or webdynpro component to see the hard coded texts and translate them.

This tool is not standard available on se80, go to the Settings menu and enable this tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Much for sharing this information...But is there any translation available...this is where we can globally change the text at one place rather traversing to all views..but as per some lanaguage we need to translate the text rather than changining it entriely..

As per Amit, it is difficult to change for all the UI elements...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

You are right about the "it is difficult to change for all the UI elements".

Have a look at this [https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-18199|https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-18199]

And decide is it useful or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. But my issue remains open because I can see all the hard-coded texts in WD Text Browser but I don't see any option to translate them in desired language.

Best regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess...when the user logs in their lanaguge the automatic converision may happen. Can you check one thing..For testing...

In the application URL parameter-give some other langaue mostly give it as DE ie German to SAP-langu param....and check wether you willl get what is requried..for Hard coded ones...especially..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lekha,

I logged in using other language and when I checked the corresponding view I could see only those elements (alongwith text) which are already maintained in that logon language.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess..we cannot change the hard coded ones....