cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors while replicating Materials from ECC to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to replicate materials from R/3 to SRM, in SMQ2 of SRM, the status of MATERIAL is still in yellow colour. when i checked in SMW01 tcode, the error is "Category for material group 013 does not exist" where as in R/3 also we dont have any material group as 013.

All the Prod type & Prod category have been replicated into SRM from R/3.

And no materials have copied in SRM.

how to resolve this ?

regds,

CB

Edited by: Channabasappa.K on Feb 17, 2011 10:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check that the product category has the appropriate language text maintained.

Best regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no material group 013 in ECC, then obviously it wont get replicated in SRM too.

What all has been successfully replicated? DNL_CUST_PROD0/PROD1, DNL_CUST_BASIS, etc?

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DNL_CUST_PROD0 & DNL_CUST_PROD1 were in green colour now,

DNL_CUST_BASIS3 is in yellow colour & i saw in some doc that DNL_CUST_BASIS3 is not reqd from SRM7.0 onwards.

when i try to replicate MATERIAL, in SMQ2 i am getting status as SYSFAIL & after double clicking on that i got a pop up as "Error in Mapping (Details: transaction SMW01)"

Upon checking in SMW01 i got the above errors as

" Category for material group 013 does not exist

Message no. COM_PRODUCT_API002

Diagnosis

If material groups are used in the SAP system, they must exist as categories in CRM/EBP before you import materials. When Customizing object DNL_CUST_PROD1 is imported, the material groups are imported automatically and created in the category hierarchy R3MATCLASS (material group).

Procedure

Check whether the material groups have been imported successfully and exist as categories.

Proceed

If necessary, import the Customizing object DNL_CUST_PROD1"

Like this its showing 19 material groups and all these 19 mat groups were not present in ECC.

Regds,

CB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will get back to you

Edited by: sivakumar lakshminarayanan on Feb 17, 2011 11:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then thats fine.

If they dont exist in ECC, you wont be able to replicate them in SRM.

Just ensure that in COMM_HIERARCHY all your material groups present in ECC are replicated as product categories in SRM.(Dont worry about material groups that dont exist in ECC)

In COMMPR01 ensure that all your products are replicated.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks.

In COMM_HIERARCHY i can see all the category & product type, but no product has been replicated in SRM when i see in commpr01.

Regds,

CB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now that all the categories are present in COMM_HIERARCHY, just delete the queue in SMQ2 and try again.

Since those 19 product categories(material groups) dont exist now but there might be products(materials) which refer to those product categories(material groups) and hence it gives you the message "If material groups are used in the SAP system, they must exist as categories in CRM/EBP before you import materials"

Delete SMQ2 entries and try importing again. Also check if SMQ1 of ECC is clear.

Regards,

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil RGupta on Feb 17, 2011 12:04 PM