cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue log for credit management in SAP SD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am stuck at a situation where I have found that the credit exposure has exceeded it's credit limit being specified, under FD32 screen, in credit management scenario. How this happened?

Details of the issue :

1) Credit master has not been maintained.

2) If credit master has not been maintained then how the system was able to show the credit exposure of the respective customer?

3) If the credit management settings were pre configured correctly then, why the sysytem didn't blocked the sales order in initial stages itself?

Required guidance :

1) why the credit check was not performed while processing the sales order?

2) Why the sales order was not blocked when it exceeded the specified credit limit?

3) What needs to be done now?

Scenario: Credit limit : 1000 INR

Credit exposure : 10000 INR

Credit limit used : 999.99%

Kindly suggest & assist.

Thanks & regards,

M.S.Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check payment guaranty procedure maintained. for configuration please check  VOV7 credit active active

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure but you can have a look at the following from SD side.

1) In your pricing procedure, SubTotal "A" should have been maintained for your basic price

2) In FD32, for that customer, the field "Credit account" should not have a different code. It can either be blank or the same customer code

3) In OVA7, for your item category, you should have activated for credit check

4) In OVFL, check what credit control area is assigned to your sales area

5) In XD02 for that customer code (Payer) check which credit control area is assigned

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had tried to find the credit ctrl assignment area under the customer master for payer but, was not able to find the required tab. Kindly assist.

Thanks & regards,

M.S.Kumar.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems for that Account Group, the said field would have been selected for "Supress" in OBD2. How about other points I listed ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already tried the "suppress" field under OBD2 for a/c group payer under company code data but didnot found the credit ctrl area tab anywhere. About other details all are perfectly configured.

Kindly provide me the critical link/factor between credit check & sales order processing without which a sales order can proceed further or can be blocked. The rate determining factor for the process flow or in better terms the "catalyst", in credit management.

Thanks & regards,

M.S.Kumar.

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

In OVA8 Check

Please check whethr you have missed any combinations like risk category or group.

Select your combination and click "details " button.

Use Dynamic credit check and ensure the horizon is zero.

check "status/ Block"

Have updaet group as 000012

In OVAK Assign "D" for your sales doc. type

Rgds

Edited by: Sivarajesh. J on Feb 17, 2011 11:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked all the instances & all have been configured perfectly according to the need but, I forgot to mention that the system is working fine under the development server but it has deviated the behaviour under the production server. How this happened is not understood to me, I have checked & tallied all the settings under both the servers & had found no deviation between even a single data regarding blocks or fields?

Thanks & regards,

M.S.Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this issue resolved? Did u run the two programs required to be run in PRD for synchronization?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your Credit management settings.

May be Block check box might not be flagged. OR some one might have released the sales order from the block

regards

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In OVA8 and also check whether the sales order is assigned in OVAK

regards

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sales order has been assigned with the status of credit check as 'D', which stands for automatic credit control.

And at OVA8 I am not able to find activation/deactivation block for credit check under either of all the five fields/tabs?

Thanks & regards,

M.S.Kumar.