cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with E-mail submit button on interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have developed an interactive form using Adobe LifeCycle Designer that has an email submit button and I'm having problems getting the first of the three options that are presented in the "Select email Client" to work.

After pressing the "Submit by E-mail" button and selecting option "Desktop Email Application" Adobe reader returns an error message "Acrobat is unable to connect to your email program". My default mail application is Lotus Notes, but I don't think Lotus Notes is the problem, because when I change the default mail application to Microsoft Outlook, I still get the same error.

The other 2 options work fine. My version of adobe lifecycle designer is 7.0.5. Adobe reader is version 7.0. Any help on this problem would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

debasish_panda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with the "formqueue.processor.start_thread" and "mailconnector.start_thread" value in services (Visual Admin -->Services -->caf/eu/gp/model) values and make them "true".

Also make sure that "switchToNewMailCommunication" is "false".

Note : 'submit by E-mail" will not send the data in PDF format. It will send the file in .xml format.

If you want to send the file in .pdf format, then use the button from standard library, change the button type to "Submit". and in the Submit to url text box fill "%com.sap.caf.gp.if.PostProcessorUrl.mailto.prefix%". U need to choose the tyep of file "PDF" for the drop down.

Regards,

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your advice. From your reply, it sounds like option 1 will not work unless you are executing the interactive form as a webdynpro application. Is this correct?

debasish_panda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

No. Its not like that. Sending an E-mail on click of a button is purely Adobe functionality.

In fact, you can configure any mail account id(Gamil, yahoo, etc for the "E-mail"submit button and can send the PDF as e-mail).

Rest of the process I have mentioned in my last reply to enable you to connect to GP functioanlities, where in webdynpro framework is responsible.

Thanks,

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I believe it's a problem with the Adobe reader functionality. I've traced the problem down to where I can see Adobe Reader is having a problem with dynamic link library MRR.dll. The run time error message I'm seeing says "The procedure entry point WNetCachePassword could not be located in dynamic link library MPR.dll. Maybe I don't have the latest version of MPR.dll.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did track down the problem to an old 95 version of mapi32.dll installed under my system directory. I replaced it with an NT version and that fixed the problem. Lotus Notes now will automatically create an email with an attached xml data form when I select the submit by email button with option 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

I have a doubt related to the submit button. I have developed a form as you that is not filled by the user, and after generating it i send it to a mail address. This form has the send mail button, but when i open the pdf attached to the mail i cannot push the submit form button.

Do you know why?

thanx!!