cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disp+work.exe dispatcher is stopped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we have SAP NW 7.0 ABAP+JAVA installed on SQL 2005 server.

yesterday system went down Dispatcher was not getting up.

i checked DB wAS NOT GETTING CONNECTED. I manually tried to restart services but failed. I checked with TCP/IP remote access also.

Then i uninstalled SQL Server 2005 and again installed with same named instance.

Now services are running but still dispatcher is stopped.

When i run config tool then it throws error below

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for use
r 'SAPPYDDB'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError
(Unknown Source)

Please suggest me some solution.

I am very new to BAsis area.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sandeep ,

Your Configtool Connects Directly to Database . SO if you are not Able to Connect through , the issue first is with the Connectrivity to the Database .

When you Start the Configtool , CLICK NO when it asks you to Connect to Default DB Settings

and then Check the RDMS Driver Location Parameter .

Are the required files present in the Location Specified in that Parameter ?

By the Default the PATH is the <Kernel Directory>/mssjdbc/sqljdbc.jar .

Please Confirm , whether you can Find the File in the Directory .

Regards,

Ashish .A. Poojary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reagding your Java issue as said before, you have a authentication problem that needs resolving.

Regarding your dispatcher stopped, not quite sure why you ended up re-installing SQL instead of investigating and sorting your system crash. Did you investigate and the the problem and solution was to re install SQL?

Have a look at your logs after trying to start the system (developer log, etc, goto D:\usr\sap\ERP\DVEBMGS00\work and look for ms_dev_disp_dev etc) then work on whatever error is preventing startup.

I fit's the services not starting (SAP ones, not MSSQL) try deleting them and add them again using sapstartsrv.exe from the kernel dir.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to start the DB services manually?

If not, try to restart them and check the DB connectivity with R3trans -dx.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It clearly says the authenticaton failed for the DB user. Goto config tool under usr\sap\<SID>\JC\j2ee\config\configtool.bat and goto Secure store. Here update the DB pwd. Ensure the DB pwd is correct before updating Config tool.

Refer:

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Soujanya

i did the same but still its not getting connected.Throwing same error

suggest me something.

Thanks