cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMSPing Availability -- No mail is generated when instance goes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a CEN configured and we get emails fine when any alert occurs (via assigned Central Auto-Reaction methods).

We have assigned local auto-reaction method for CCMS Ping availability but when the system goes down, no email is generated. However if I manually trigger this Auto-reaction method we get an email with the system down alert details.

I have checked SCOT settings also and everything is working fine. I have gone through all the earlier posts on SDN regarding this but I have been unable to solve this issue.

Can anyone suggest what could be wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is some issue in auto-reaction only.

The status is -

Instance Availability <AUTOREACTION NAME> Running in Autoabap CHECKED Ready ( 00.00.0000 , 00:00:00 )

I think it shouldnt be "( 00.00.0000 , 00:00:00 )". It should show the time and date when auto-reaction was last triggered.

I dont know how to rectify this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

I have choose the same option in my 3 projects while configuring availability alerts and it worked for me. Please try it once more.

Regards,

Akhilesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajeev,

1. Yes, user is service user.

2. Local autoreaction is assigned fine.

3. When in RZ20 i goto tab Views -> Status autoreaction

I can see it as -

Instance Availability <AUTOREACTION NAME> [Running in Autoabap] CHECKED Ready ( 00.00.0000 , 00:00:00 )

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I have changed sequence but same result!!

Its not working automatically.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

Hmmmm. Let us try once again..

1. The sender user is correctly defined in SU01 with mail id defined and the user is a service user as described in SAP note 176492.

2. Assign the local auto reaction method using 'Method assignment to MTE class' in RZ20 as per note 660126.

3. In RZ20, for the particular alert, you are able to see the status of the auto reactiion as 'ACTIVE' (not ACTION_FAILED).

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Ok, i will make these changes, check results and get back to you.

My entries are all in uppercase only, I will make changes in parameter sequence.

2 question here meanwhile -

1.) If the V2 one is not that flexible with parameter sequence, then why the same setting works for all other alerts and only not system system availability?

2.) If its an issue with sequence then why does my auto-reaction works manually?? It should give me error in manual trigger also.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

As I know, the only difference between SALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT and SALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT_V2 is that the latter one helps in giving email subject line what you want to get whereas the former generates default email subject line so it doesnt matter even if i change it.

Hi Akhilesh,

Earlier it was "Periodically in background process (as job)" only but still it was not working. The I read in a thread that it should be dialog and hence I changed it but same result

Thanks.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You are right. But apart from that, V2 is not that flexible with the parameter values as it requires all the values in UPPER CASE.

And please always use the following paramter list sequence:

Parameter Name Parameter value

1. SENDER

2. RECIPIENT

3. RECIPIENT-TYPEID

4. REACT_ON_ALERTS

5. SUBJECT_ALERT

6. SUBJECT_ALERT_CONT

Could you check that too?

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I have already gone through this one. My auto-reaction method should work fine according to whats mentioned in this link.

Also, my central auto-reaction works fine. I get all alerts related to stuck queues, update failures, background job failures etc.

I'm only not getting alerts for 'System Availability' which is configured via CCMSPing functionality.

Thanks.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please try to use SALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT instead of SALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT_V2?

Also give a try selecting the execution method periodically in background.

Hope you checked this SAP Note No. 176492.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

In your method defination, Please check that in control tab you have selected "Periodically in background process (as job)".

If not then please select this option.

Regards,

Akhilesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if the function module is SALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT_V2 then the parameter tab user id should be maintain in UPPERCASE,check this too.

[|]

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2" is a central autoreaction but for system availability iam using local autoreaction.

PFB parameter tab details -

SUBJECT_ALERT --- CCMS Alert for SYSTEM/INSTANCE DOWN!!!!!

SENDER --- <Our system id>

RECIPIENT --- <Our team DL>

RECIPIENT-TYPEID --- C

SUBJECT_ALERT_CONT --- $OBJECT $ATTRIBUTE

As mentioned earlier, this auto-reaction works fine when i manually trigger it. It triggers an email saying that my system is down.

But it doesnt send mail automatically.

Thanks.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

>

> As mentioned earlier, this auto-reaction works fine when i manually trigger it. It triggers an email saying that my system is down.

> But it doesnt send mail automatically.

OK.. Check this link: [original link is broken]

Here you can find one sim file "Central and Assigning Auto-Reactions in CCMS". In that sim file, in the third section 'Process of an auto reaction method' you can find whether the auto reaction is running successfully or not when the alert occurs.

Let me know the result.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

The scot is configured in my working client. It is configured for 000 client as well.

PFB auto-reaction method settings -

Execution function module - SALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT_V2

Control - Periodically in dialog process

Release - Auto reaction method

Thanks

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

Have you not maintained the 'Parameters" tab? Hope you are using a copy of the method CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2.

Rajeev

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi Anisha,

Check the bgd job which is scheduled for the central auto reaction is running on the same client where scot is configured. If its ok, share the parameters set for the auto reaction.

Rajeev