cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue opening an existing model or creating a new model in VC 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed VC 7.0 and upgraded to EP 7 (SP08). We followed everything that was on the installation guide and have all the prerequisites installed both on the client and the server machine. We are on a Windows 2003 Sever and we have both MS XML Parser 4.0 and j2sdk 1.4.2_09. On the client side,we have both XML Parser 4.0 and SVG Viewer3.0

The first time, I tried to create a model in VC 7.0, I could successfully create one. When I tried to open the model that I created, I was unable to do so. In addition, I could not create any more new models. The error I get in the message box while trying to open/create a new model is

"Proxy Error: Server Error: Failed to load rules list of model"

"Model root is bad or missing"

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated!.

Thanks,

Mansha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mansha,

I started receiving a similar error this week. The specific javascript error that I am receiving is "_root is null or not an object". I have opened a customer messag with SAP support and will let you know once I have a resolution. Please let me know if you have already found a solution to your problem. Thanks.

Regards,

Brian Vandehey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

We did open a message with SAP Support and this issue is resolved in SP10. SP10 is not scheduled to be released until November

We bounced our Portal and set the following systemproperty in the config tool:

javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=com.sap.engine.lib.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

This resolved our issue. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mansha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mansha,

Thank you for your help with this. I went into the Config Tool to change property javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory but could not seem to find it. Can you tell me how to navigate to this property in the config tool? Thanks again.

Regards,

Brian Vandehey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mansha,

I was able to finally find the property, and this did solve my problem. Following is a bit more detail on the fix, in case someone else runs into this problem.

1) open the J2EE config tool from C:\usr\sap\XXX\XXXX\j2ee\configtool

2) expand the instance node and press on the "server_XXX" node

3) under the java parameters list in the right side of the screen add the following line:

-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=com.sap.engine.lib.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

4) press the Save Button.

5) restart server instance

Thanks!

Regards,

Brian