cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does work center type effect to any SAP ME functionality's behavior?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Now we consider if we can set "Assembly" to Work Center Type of our all work centers.

Does SAP ME control anything by this value? Otherwise, is this value just kind of reference information?

I checked SAP ME help and found there're 8 candidates - Fabrication, Assembry, Dispatch, Shipping, Customer, Prod Control, Records Control and Diversion. Now, we're plans to map Work Center of ME to our work team. So, Assembry or Fabrication seem to be most likely. But if ME use this value anywhere, we should consider more.

Best Regards,

Takahiro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Takahiro,

As far as I remember SAP ME doesn't control anything by Work Center type.

You may find below the definitions of WC types:

Fabrication: Performs processes to produce discrete component parts from raw or semi-raw materials.

Assembly: Combines component parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies into assemblies of greater complexity.

Dispatch: Tracks and moves items between other work centers.

Shipping: Prepares, packs, and ships finished parts, assemblies or end items to the customer.

Customer: Performs inspections and verifications on behalf of the customer.

Prod Control: Receives, stores, kits and issues parts to other work centers.

Records Control: Compiles and controls production records for an end item.

Diversion: Identifies a location where work is received and performed that was originally assigned to another work center and where visibility of the 'diverted' work is retained at the original work center.

Regards,

Alex.

Answers (0)