cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single NWDI for multiple system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In our landscape we have 5 system (Producer:CRM,PI,ECC and Consumer: Customer Vendor portal).The NWDI is on Vendor portal system.

Is this possible to create tracks for each system using single NWDI and specffy their respective Development, Quality and Production if YES then how ?

or

Do i need to install seprate NWDI for each system ?

Thanks and Regards.

Punit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You only need 1 NWDI environment.

When you create your development tracks in the Landscape Configurator of the CMS, you will specify the runtime systems (i.e. your 5 systems) in the "Runtime Systems" tab of your track definition.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The runtime systems are Development, Consolidation, Test and Production.This is related to how your changes will move to production.

But in my case each one(ECC, CRM, Vendor etc.) is at different IP address. and each one will have it's own track.

Now my question is if i am createing tracks but for each track i need a different Development, Consolidation, Test and Production system as their IP address will be different.

So where i can specify this track is for ECC or CRM like e.g.

Track1 is for ECC (Development, Consolidation, Test and Production)

Track2 is for CRM (Development, Consolidation, Test and Production)

Regards

Punit

Edited by: Punit Singh on Feb 17, 2011 6:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

You can define per track to which systems you want to connect too.

Open de CMS in a browser, click on the Landscape Configurator link, select your track in the track list and on the right select the tab Runtime Systems. Here you can add the systems you want: for every track you can define different systems for each phase of the development process.

By the way, you need NWDI Administrator rights for that (or at least NWDI Landscape Administrator rights).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alain.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

in your example, DEV, TEST, CONS, PROD are usually different machines (rather j2ee instances), but you can use the same setup for Track1 and Track2. Due to the name of the tracks they belong to different 'Namespaces', so there should not be a problem. This is what the "Where used" button is for, which you can find on the RTS config.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

you can specify per track:

1. what kind of runtime systems (further: RTS) you wish to use. This is optional and has relevance only from deployment point of view. If you don't specify any RTS for a track, then no deployment takes place for the given track. So if you have a track and there you specify only DEV and TEST RTSs, then only to these machines will NWDI trigger deployment. There's one important rule, you must not mix the versions of these Runtime Systems. If you have a track where you develop for instance for 700 SP17, then all the RTSs must be also 700 SP17, else it is not supported. All this config takes place on the Runtime Systems Tab (in the Landscape Configurator of CMS -- Track Data tab).

2. what kind of JDK you want to ues for the build. As you know for 700 you need to use JDK1.4, for 710 you use JDK1.5, for 720 and 730 you need to use JDK1.6. So where to specify for the track which JDK to use? This configuration takes place on the Build Variants tab (in the Landscape Configurator of CMS -- Track Data tab, and of course you also need to set up the CBS service accordingly).

You can also see by this, that the version of the NWDI itself actually does not matter. That is only a framework. The question is what version of dependent software you specify for your developed SC in your track. That determins everything. The JDK to be used for the build, as well as the version of the RTSs for the deployments. (And last but not least it also influences the NWDS you'll use on client side).

See my previous answer for details (see the How to document in the other thread I referred).

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

yes, you can use one NWDI for any kind of release developments, see the thread which hopefully answers your questions in detail:

Best Regards,

Ervin