cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualified Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a record in a repository and one of the fields is a qualified field.

my question is, is it required that I have to create the record in MDM and then go back and modify the record to set the qualified values ?

I want to set the qualified fields and then create the records. is there a way to achieve this ?

Thanks,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Qualified fields are nothing but Lookup fields. You need to populate qualified fields before Main table anyways (we can load them together through Import Manager though).

You only populate Non-Qualifiers through Import Map of qualified table, all the qualifiers are populated as part of Main table.

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was asking this question from a Java API's perspective. Can anyone point me to some sample code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You can import Qualied table (both non-qualifers as well as Qualifier's field) with main table record. So as such it is not required to create the record (Qualified link of Qualified table) in MDM.

For this, you need to set all non-qualifiers fields of qualified table as Display field and during Import can map these qualified links in same map of main table using compound field. For complete step by step details, please refer the below article.

[Importing Qualified Tables and Main Table Data in a Single Step|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c03240fa-cc3e-2b10-aa9a-a5798e319a6e?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Mandeep Saini