cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked drop down issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have an issue in Visual Composer with liked drop down list.

The issue is that I have a form with 2 drop down (the "father" and the "son"), the drop down son has the value of the father as a parameter and both drop down data are saved in DB.

When we get into the window, we get the data that we saved before and it is show on the drop down.

The steps that I follow are the next ones:

1. First I don't have any data saved so the drop down list are empty.

2. I select an option on the drop dow father and the drop down son is filled.

3. I select an option on the drop down son and then I save the data (I check in the DB and the data is correct)

4. Then, I enter to the window again and get the data that I saved before and it is shows on both drop downs.

5. I select the second option on the drop down son and save the data (I check in the DB and the data is correct)

6. Then, I enter to the window AGAIN and here is when I get the error. The window shows the data that I saved but then, in a little less that a second, the drop dow son is changed to the first option (remember that I save the second option).

7. I save the data and when I check on the DB it shows me that was saved the second option of the drop down son.

I found out that the data of the drop down son that really is selected is the second one, but the Visual Composer shows the first one selected and I guess that is because the service that fills the drop down son is executed again after it was executed once and the data has been matched, so that's why presents the correct option and then changes to the first option but doesn't select these in reality.

So please, I need help or an explanation because I don't know if this is because a bug o something like that.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think behaviour is right and expected because u are saving the data in DB and you are not dsiplatying them or defaulting your dropdowns to the values as saved in the DB .

So the dropdowns are defaulting to the initials values.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

I don't think that puting a default value is necesary, because the drop down matched automaticaly the data that the webservice returns with some of the options that are in the drop down.

And I can tell this because this is the first time that happens and before this issue there was no problem.

I was thinking that maybe can be a bug in VC, but let me try putting the data that returns the webservice as default value and see what happens.

But if you or anyone else have another opinion or another suggestion I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks.

Answers (0)