cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Document Server issues - cannot save metadata of interactive form UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Summary : Could not save meta data of Interactive Form UI Element.

Affects : Web Dynpro project in DTR.

Severity: PDF template cannot be created.

Description:

01. An Interactive Form UI Element is inserted into a Web Dynpro view.

02. By right clicking on the element in the Outline window and selecting Edit, launches the Adobe Designer.

03. After designing the PDF template in Adobe Designer, when clicking Save All Metadata icon in the toolbar, it failed to save.

04. By closing and reopening the Adobe Designer, all work on the PDF template is lost.

Findings:

01. Whenever an Interactive Form UI Element is created in a Web Dynpro project in DTR, its associated value of templateSource property (in the Property window) is missing (empty).

02. This does not happen to local Web Dynpro project, where its templateSource property corresponds to an .xdp file (Adobe XML source file).

Does anyone know any way around this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Are there any news on this topic?

I get an error message when trying to save my meta data too:

Plugin Name: MetaModel Core

Plugin ID: com.sap.ide.metamodel.core

Class: com.sap.ide.metamodel.core.plugin.MetamodelManager

Method: saveAllMetaData

Message: presave failed. projectName = PQ3_GServWfl_Dservwrflservwrfl~gisa.de

Exception: presave failed. projectName = PQ3_GServWfl_Dservwrflservwrfl~gisa.de

I use NWDS 2.0.14 and implemented the note mentioned by Markus.

The WebDynpro project is held in DTR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem still exists in NW2004 SP18, but for me the following worked:

In the "src"-folder of your Development-Component go to the directory: "src\configuration\Components".

Within this directory create manually the folder, in which the "Save All MetaData"-command would store the "xdp"-File for your AdobeInteractiveForm.

The folder has to have the name of your WebDynpro-Component, in which you have placed the view with the AdobeInteractiveForm-Control.

For example, if you have a WebDynpro-Component with name "TestComp", and you have placed the component into the package "com.mycompany.myproject"-package, then the folder you have to create has to have the name: "com.mycompany.myproject.TestComp".

Overall you would come out with the following path: "src\configuration\Components\com.mycompany.myproject.TestComp".

!!!Don't forget to add this folder to your DTR.!!!

Now everything should work.

Hope that helps...

Josef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

I faced the Problem in 2004s as well, but your procedure worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

Ilona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am using SP 16 and experiencing same problem. When implementing mentioned Note, nothing helpful happens. Any suggestions?

Best regards!

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This problem is fixed in Support Package Stack 9, so an upgrade should help.

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, i'm facing the same problem with NWDS 2.0.12 but without DTR, too.

after i've edited an interactive form in a local web dynpro project, the "save metadata" button seems to do nothing and when i close the editor, the templateSource property is empty. after re-opening the interactive form, it's empty, too

kr, achim

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

that's strange and unfortunate. Can you try and apply SAP Note 822198 in case in your installation the dll didn't get registered?

Regards,

Markus

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

i've worked out a workaround:

i've copied an interactive form, that i've cretaed with an earlier version (i think it was SP9) and pasted it in my current view. fortunately, i've called it AdobeForm, so it fits in this project, too

the templateSource property was set. and i was able to change all the elements in the adobe designer to the ones from the current context. now, every change is saved by clicking on the save metadata-button.

so, i think the nwds wasn't able to create the xdp-file for what reason ever..

it's uncomfortable, but it works. the next time, i'll try the note.

kind regards, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

well, I am facing the problem as well: When I change something in the interactive form, I cannot save it as "Save Metadata" remains grey. After closing and reopening, my changes have disappeared. I am using Netweaver 2004s with SPS 13. I tried Note 822198 which didn't help. Also I couldn't apply Josef's solution as the mentioned folder already existed.

I must say that I didn't have problems with adobe forms until I started using model nodes. Could this be the reason why there are suddenly issues? Now I can't even create a totally new webdynpro component (inside my project) from scratch where adobe interactive form is not corrupted.

Is there any other trick which might have worked with you? It would be very helpful if you had any ideas!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards

Bettina Hepp