cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuple Loads using Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Running on 7.1 SP05 using the SAP supplied Vendor Master repostory archive.

Attempting to load company code data in the Vendors main table. Company Code Data is set-up as a tuple table in Console.

When defining the map in Import Manager it will only allow me to select Vendor Number as the matching field. And, as a result, it will not load all of the data in my load file - it loads the first value of Vendor Number and skips the other records where Vendor Number is duplicated. This makes sense; however, I need to be able to select both Vendor Number and Company Code as my matching fields when defining the map. These two fields are the unique identifier for the load file and all the data would be loaded correctly if I was able to select Company Code as well.

I read where you can set the tuple update option and I did this by adding Company Code, but for some reason, it is still only using Vendor Number as the matching field and not including Company Code with it.

Does anyone know how to get Company Code to appear in the "Mapped destination fields" so that I can match on both Vendor Number and Company Code? Or do other options exist where I could accurately load the tuple table?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inaddition to what I had already done, we determined I had a Configuration Options field set incorrectly. The "Merge qualified links using matching qualifiers" under Import was set to "No" when it needed to be "Yes".

Former Member
0 Kudos

You match on the correct vendor in the Match Records tab. This positions you at the correct vendor.

To match on the correct Company Code you use the update tuple option (as you have done). The Company Code should be the only field that you use to match on the Company Code tuple. So, when the incoming record has the same Company Code the tuple will get updated. If the incoming record has a different Company Code, then you can set the options to either create a new tuple or skip the input record.

You can not match on the Company Code in the Match Records tab.

Edited by: Tom Belcher on Feb 18, 2011 10:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhardt,

I think you have only Vendor Number as Display field (DF) in Tuple table of MDM Console. So please make here also Company Code as Display field (DF) in your Tuple Table (Company Code Data). I hope this will resolve your issue and you could get both these fields as Matching fields during Import.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i am aware, you won't see Tuple fields during matching process.

The simplest solution would be to create a field in main Table, lets call it "Surrogate Key". During import map, clone the "Company Code" source attribute and map it to "Surrogate Key" field (and to the "Company Code" field in the tuple as well), this way you will see both "Vendor Number" as well as "Surrogate Key" in Matching. Now you can use both for matching

Thanks

Aamir