cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 Local UDF to Function Library Mapping Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've upgraded from PI 7.0 to 7.1. In our various mappings we have many local functions defined. We've created the same functions in a function library, but it seems that each local function in every mapping has to be individually replaced by the function library UDF. Is there a tool or method that would permit us to perform a mass conversion on the UDF's at the mapping level?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had done similar things when we have upgraded the system. But I had manually replace all the methods.

As far as I know, I have not come across any tool that automatically do this for you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> ... it seems that each local function in every mapping has to be individually replaced by the function library UDF.

Why would you do this? When your mapping is running correctly, do not change it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to leverage the utilization of the function library. Several of our UDF's are complex. If we need to modify a UDF, all local copies have to be modified. This could become an issue. Also, we are exploring migrating a large number of BC flows to XI and would prefer all functions to exist in only one place. Thanks.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If we need to modify a UDF, all local copies have to be modified. This could become an issue.

I have noticed that the real issue is: I never can modify a function used in a mapping that is already productive.

That is why I say, that you should not change any mapping to replace a UDF with a global function, unless you have to change the mapping anyway.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> Is there a tool or method that would permit us to perform a mass conversion on the UDF's at the mapping level?

Function Library is a new feature from 7.1 onwards. There is no automated tool currently available to move previous local function to function library UDF. You need to do only manually.

Hope answered your question.