cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneus system copy error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have already functionally a SAP instance PRD ECC 6.0(ABAP only) on server with Windows Server 2008 R2 X64 and Database MSSQL 2005.

I tried to make a Homogeneus System Copy with Backup/restore method on same server but i have some errors.

I made the Backup of the MSSQL PRD Database and I saved it to another partition.

I created the QAS Datafiles on SAP DB partition and i loaded The NEW DB on MSSQL. For new Database QAS i selected SQL_LATIN1_General_CP850_BIN2 for collation option.

I launched the SAPINST procedure and I selected the Homogenes System Copy Backup/Restore option.

I selected the existing QAS DB that i already restore on MSSQL SERVER and then I pressed NEXT button.

Now I have this error:

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

Administrator@WIN2008SAP2: Input Error

User tables belonging to the dbo schema were found in the database QAS.

SOLUTION: You can only install an SAP system in a database with no user object belonging to the system schema dbo.

If there already is an SAP System in the database(MCOD), or you install a Java ADD-in, you might have to convert the existing system to its own schema, or contact your SAP support.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

I looked on PRD System and it is a MCOD system. What shoud I do now? I did the wrong steps for HSC for MSSQL????

Any help appreciated, Thanks

M.C.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I launched the next query and it selected one row. The table name selected was "sysdiagrams".

select * from sys.tables where schema_id = schema_id('dbo')

I will drop the table how Guenther suggested and I will let you now as soon is possible.

thanks all.

M.C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check which tables exist in your SAP database with schema dbo:

select name from sys.objects where schema_name(schema_id) = 'dbo' and type = 'U'

If this shows only the tables sysdiagrams and dtproperties:

This error can be caused by the existence of the table sysdiagrams.

This table is created by monitor operation at the SQL Server Management Studio.

It can be deleted without risks as described below:

drop procedure sp_upgraddiagrams

drop procedure sp_helpdiagrams

drop procedure sp_helpdiagramdefinition

drop procedure sp_creatediagram

drop procedure sp_renamediagram

drop procedure sp_alterdiagram

drop procedure sp_dropdiagram

drop function fn_diagramobjects

drop table sysdiagrams

Regards,

Guenther

P.S.

The table will be created again automatically when a new Diagram is created in object explorer.

P.P.S.

Newer sapinst shouldn't encounter this problem anymore, the check in control.xml was changed to consider this table as 'harmless' (as it already does with dtproperties).

Edited by: Guenther Drach on Feb 17, 2011 9:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guenther i dropped the tables you suggested and your solution worked.

Many thanks.

M.C.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check

Note 151603 - Copying an SQL Server database

(Point 😎

Markus