Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate with a vendor from SAP ECC 6.0 for 'PunchOut' functionality

niranjan_yerraguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Pardon me if I have made mistakes in using the terminology in my posting. We just use SAP ECC 6.0 and no SRM. We want to integrate with a vendor for so-called Punchout. Our users will click a URL link from our Intranet and it takes them to Vendor's catalog website. They can choose items and create a shopping cart. The website will return us a unique Shopping Cart ID with list of Items in cxml format. We can use that information and create PO. We are not familiar with cxml format and how to process the PO. Is this a standard functionality in SRM ? I don't think we can install SRM since we don't have Business suite license. If any one has experience with above scenario, ie connecting to vendor's cataglog from SAP ECC 6.00 without SRM, can you pl share with us ?

Niranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way is, you should ask the vendor to support SAP Open Catalog Interface.

If the vendors supports SAP OCI, you can get items from catalog to PS, PM, MM documents in ERP without SRM and withput any develpment. It is standard function in ERP.

I think most of supplier catalogs support both SAP OCI and Ariba cXML punchout.

Here is the SAP OCI specification.

[original link is broken]

One of suppliers in Japan has implemented OCI in just 4H! It is not difficult like cXML.

Regards,

Masa

niranjan_yerraguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

Thanks for the reply. The vendor supports OCI as well. However, since I was not familiar with it, I was thinking to go with cXML. When I opened the OCI pdf in the URL that you mentioned, it talks about SRM server. Like I had mentioned earlier, we don't use SRM at our company here. Can you let me know in couple of steps how OCI works and how fast we can implement in our ERP ECC 6.0 environment ? I am delighted to note that one of the companies in Japan implemented in 4 hours.

Thanks for your help,

Niranjan

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PDF was for supplier who would like to implement SAP OCI.

OCI is supported in PS,PM,MM and SRM. If supplier supports SAP OCI, you just need Catalog Web Service customizing.

Please get logon URL, username and password from supplier. Then set those in catalog call customizing.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=mmOCIWeb+Service

Regards,

Masa

niranjan_yerraguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Pl look at my other posting titled " Entering values in Web Services ID and Description, for External Catalog " Where we solved the issue of conencting to Vendor Catalog. Hence closing this message.

Thanks,

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what do you do if the Supplier (Vendor) does not support OCI?