cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I am doing the system copy activity through the homogeneous system copy method is backup & restore method .

Below are the steps i have done :

1. I have taken the offline db backup & run the orabrcopy script from the source system .

i have got the control files , control.trc file , initsid.ora file

2. Then i have started the sapinst from the target system then i have install the application , oracle db , then sapinst stops for db restore .

3. Then i have created the SPFILE in the target system .

My problem is how we can get the control<sid>.dbf file for the target system to be palced origlogA & origlogB & sapdata1 .

to start the BRRECOVER file .

KIindly tell me the step by step details for getting the control<sid>.dbf file .

Thanks in advance

S SURESH

Do not use CAPS LOCK in the subject

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Feb 16, 2011 4:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

This is explained in the system copy guide. Please refer to section restoring database files on the target system.

You need to copy control.sql and init<target-sid>.ora files to the directories on target system as mentioned in there.

[]

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Control files location should be defined on init<sid>.ora, when restoring brrestore/brrecover will place the control files on those locations.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan for the reply ,

So there will be no control files intially in the origlogA ,origlogB & sapdata1

During the brrestore/brrecover system will pick the control files from the source system & paste in the target system .

is my inderstanding is correct ..

Thanks

S SURESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Solution for your issue.These steps are for backup/restore method.

1. If you have installed a fresh SAP installation in the target system , already the control files, redolog files exist

2. You can start the Restore from the DB backup from source system to target system.

3. Take a backup of controlfile from source system and recreate it in target system by changing the SID.

4. Once control file is created, do recover the database and open the DB.

From your explanation, I can understand that you are using system copy using SAPinst, for that the steps are different which you can follow in the system copy guide which are provided by others.

If this doesnot provide the solution for your issue, explain me your issue clearly so that it will be easy to help you.

Regards

Maheswaran