Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution for 2 Returns process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I need to check if this solution will work to address a requirement:

2 returns situation need to be processed. First scenario , a Delivery is required for a Return. Second scenario, no Delivery is required for a Return.

For this, can 1 material be assigned to 2 Item categories in the same Returns doc type? Can I configure 2 item categories for the same material using a different item category group which I would set in the material master data?

The other solution I can think of is to create another returns doc type.

Please advise.

regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have sales returns then you can have 2 options.

1) Create a subsequent free of charge delivery with reference to returns sales order.

2) Create a credit memo for the returns

regards

Prashanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
no Delivery is required for a Return.

What will happen to customer returned material ? Can you explain scenario breifly ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

in that case, the faulty item does not need to be returned.

regards

Ravi

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

the faulty item does not need to be returned.

Then why you want to create the return process, since actually material is not returned.

You may either use Credit process to give credit for material value or Use FOC process to give New Material without debiting customer for Material Price.

Thanks and regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have two different item categories for the same material. One is Default Item category and the other Manual.

In the item category determination (T Code VOV4) for the return doc type / Item cat Grp / Default Item cat / Manual Item cats, you can do the assigments as per your requirement.

You dont need two different returns document types for this.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sai