Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager - Logical Component for SAP Netweaver EHP2

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed the newest SAP Netweaver Ehp2 (with usage type AS ABAP only) for a future integrating with BI_CONT (SAP BI requirement). So... what I want to know is... I want to do an update of support packages to the latest Stack (SPS) and in this product version (NW EHP2) the latest stack is stack 06 !! But I ´m facing with a problem which is, because I have to maintain this system in Solution Manager (for Maintenance Optimizer activity)...so what I want is configure this new system on Solution Manager Ehp1 (with SPS 23) but in tcode SMSY I didn´t found this Product in Logical Components for I can apply this system to my Solution... I only see SAP Netweaver with EHP1 and not with EHP2 which is the version that I want to apply this new system. (This is mandatory task, because without it, I will not be able to download the support packages for NW 7.0 EHP2)

Tell me two things... first if this level version of Solution Manager that I have here (SPS 23) have this product in logical components, and two... if not it, is necessary to raise the level of Solution Manager support packages (to latest stack SPS 25) for I can see that logical component SAP Netweaver EHP2?!

Thank you very much

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi João,

You can verify if the EHP2 is available (if) in your system, this can be done once you are in SMSY -> Product Definitions -> SAP Netweaver where you should able to see the EHP2. If so, then it's a matter of marking the leading Product & Product Version under the Header Data ->Change Product Assignment where you can use the drop down arrow to select the Product and Product Version. If it's not available, then by checking the 'Free Product / Select Product Version' then use the drop down arrow to select the product & Product Version, once you selected that then click on copy and mark that as active and save.

Then you need to create a new logical component in System Group & logical Component under SAP Netweaver, then assign the system to the logical component. Once this is done you can use the logical component in a solution and create a maintenance transaction.

I hope this help you to proceed further, thanks.

Jay Soma.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi João

According with the EHP2 upgrade guide, you need at least SP22 to execute an upgrade of EHP2. SAP strongly recommend SP25 and apply note 1485385.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in my landscape i have Solman EHP1 SP25, i could see the EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER

I hope it couldnt be an configuration issue, since you not even started your smsy. Hence please do an solman update to SP25 and check

Jansi

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello shivjansi,

Oh I see... so, you have the last available stack (which is in fact the SPS 25) and you can see in logical component (SMSY) the product NW 7.0 Ehp2!? So... maybe it is an improvement/correction that are included in last support packages releases... But even so, it would be stupid if the unique option to have it, is by an importing support packages!... perhaps there is a sap note with that correction, for this propose!

Any tip?!

Thank you

João Dimas - Portugal