cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing Applications with Sybase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Community,

I'm new to mobile technology and Sybase. I already read some pdf's concerning Sybase, but didn't find the information I need.

What I learned is, that SUP is a kind of abstraction layer for developing mobile applications.

When I want to develop applications in SUP, which programming language do I have to use?

Is there a central SUP programming language?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

There's "no central SUP programming language". If you want to develop an application for BlackBerry devices using SUP you'll have to code in Java, for iPhone/iPad devices you'll have to code in Objective C and so on.

You have to use the native language for each platform but SUP provides a tool (Device Application Designer) to generate part of the code and APIs to ease the development. SUP is not just another framework to develop the client application, it is a complete platform with powerful synchronization features, different connectors (SAP JCo, Web Services...).

There are some blogs about SUP on SDN, you should read them to have a better understanding of what exactly this product is.

Regards,

Pierre

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can as well start at http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.pubs.docset-SUP-1.5.5/doc/h...

You'll find some good tutorials and reference guide there that will help you understand the product.