cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Billing (EDI) Automatic Posting to Vendor Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've successfully configured an SD inter-company sales and billing process. I'm trying to configure an automated posting to selling/ordering company vendor account after the delivering company completes the inter-company billing transaction via VF04 "IV" billing type.

I've configured settings under IMG -> Sales and Distribution -> Billing -> Intercompany Billing -> Automatic Posting To Vendor Account (SAP-EDI). I'm using the standard output type RD04.

I've also read and I'm attempted to configure WE20 by following instructions given http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Inter-CompanyBilling-AutomaticPostingToVendorAccount%28SAP-EDI%29.

However, the EDI output is not triggered when the "IV" intercompany billing document is generated successfully. I get no IDoc result under tcode WE02 and the output RD04 is still pending when viewed under VF03 -> Header -> Output.

I appreciate any advice and step-by-step instructions.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the processing log for the RD04 output. Most likely this is due to the output setup on the partner profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

There's no processing log under VF04 -> Header -> Output -> Processing log. I still can't identify the root cause.

Thanks.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you seen SAP Note 31126 - Intercompany billing - posting to vendor account using EDI?

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to manually add the RD04 output type - this may tell you what the error is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi E_Hinojosa,

Yes, I've followed note 31126 but without success.

Do I need to configure OBCA, OBCB, OBCD and OBCE as suggested by http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Intercompanyresourcerelated+billing

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua Albert,

I've already maintain the RD04 via VV31 and it's ok when I view under VF02 -> Header -> Output as in still pending for release "Yellow" indicator. The only thing I'm unsuccessful is that this the output message is not being triggered when I save the billing document "IV".

Thanks.

Edited by: Steven Khoo on Feb 18, 2011 8:31 AM

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have the RD04 message with the yellow led, perhaps you need process it with VF31 to send it, because in VV31 you have the indicator '3'.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua Albert and all,

Ok I've manage to generate the IDOC but when view under WE02, I see the status of the Inbound IDOC "ISO unit of measure EA is not assigned: Item E1EDP01" I"m using "EA" and hence I check the ISO under CUNI -> Unit of Measurements -> EA. The settings on ALE/EDI section is "EA" for each. So, I assume the unit of measurement is maintain correctly.

So, I'm now confused with the IDOC error message? Anywhere did I miss?

Thanks.

Edited by: Steven Khoo on Feb 18, 2011 11:37 AM

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Check that logical adress has 14 digits, 4 for company and 10 for partner (add leading zeros). See table EDILOGADR as note 31126 suggests.

Regards,

Eduardo

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to tcode CUNI, you have a field called ISO code in ALE/EDI, it must be populated. See Note 69063 - Missing ISO codes and table T006.

Regards

Eduardo

Edited by: E_Hinojosa on Feb 18, 2011 11:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi E_Hinojos and all,

I went to CUNI again and under ALE/EDI, the field was already populated with EA. The solution was that I just need to check the "Primary" box under that field and the error message went away.

Now, I'm getting a new error message after simulating the IDOC again in WE19:

-

IDoc number 0000000000198023

Direction 2 Inbound

Status 51 Application document not posted

G/L account 191100 requires a valid tax code

Message no. FS214

Diagnosis

The master record of account 191100 requires you to enter a valid tax code in each item for this account in company code 0001.

System Response

Error message

Procedure

Enter a valid tax code.

-

I've already maintain transaction OBCD with input tax codes but I'm not sure whether I did it correctly. I'd like to know how the system would know which tax code to take or choose from OBCD table? The GL 191100 under transaction FS00 allows input tax codes only.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by: Steven Khoo on Feb 18, 2011 4:16 PM

Edited by: Steven Khoo on Feb 18, 2011 5:17 PM

Edited by: Steven Khoo on Feb 19, 2011 12:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, problem solved with the tax code. I forgotten to define the output tax (MWST) in my IV billing pricing procedure at the earlier step. Now, the MWST is in, the IDOC is able to pick-up the corresponding input tax code by matching against the output tax code defined in OBCD table.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved and points awarded accordingly.

Thanks everyone.